Job Status: Full-time
FLSA status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Range of wages for position: $18.00 - $23.00
Reports To: Transportation Manager
Travel Required: 100%
Supervisory Responsibility: No
Work Schedule: Varies
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations.
- Loads and unloads tanker with petroleum products adhering to all Company and Governmental regulations.
- Operates semi-truck with one or two trailers according to Company policies and state/federal laws.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Chocks rear wheels of truck and trailer before any unloading takes place. Removes chocks before driving away from delivery.
- Completes and transmits all paperwork in compliance with established Company procedures.
- Maintains vehicle cleanliness and replaces gaskets, nozzles and other related articles as necessary.
- Performs safety inspections on trucks, equipment and/or facilities as required by Company policy.
- Maintains miscellaneous service duties such as checking, on a daily basis, oil, water, fuel, tires and tank related items.
- Reports any equipment malfunctions and/or concerns to Director of Transportation and/or Dispatcher.
- Knowledge of and the ability to use loading arms and card readers at rack facilities, use auxiliary pumps for loading and unloading of vehicle and use spill kits and fire extinguisher.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform specific tasks as assigned by Director of Operations and/or Dispatcher
- Give all customers prompt and courteous service and use tact and diplomacy in dealing with Flyers Energy Team Members and guests at all times.
- Promote and support Company image standards.
- Adheres to all city, county, and state regulations.
- Follow the work schedule as posted, unless a change in schedule is arranged with Director of Transportation or Dispatcher..
- Stay familiar with the Company Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure Director of Transportation and/or Dispatcher is made aware of any operating discrepancies.
- Properly posts and verifies all hours worked daily.
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all accidents immediately.
SPECIALIZED REQUIREMENTS : Valid California Commercial Driver’s license with hazardous material and tanker endorsement. Current MVR detailing driving record within Company standards. Meet Department of Transportation physical and medical requirements, pass substance abuse screening and agree to random substance abuse screening as required by Company Policy.
LANGUAGE SKILLS : Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to speak and communicate using devices supplied by the Company. Able to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals in English, respond to official inquiries and make entries on reports and records.
MATHEMATIC SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY : Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit, stand, talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk. The team member is required to sit in a trailer cab for long periods of time. Other requirements include: the use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member must regularly lift and/or move hoses and fittings that weigh up to 50 pounds and have the ability to climb steps and ladders. Team member must possess a high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of a tractor trailer/bobtail as to prevent damage to property and vehicle equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
JOB SPECIFIC PHYSICAL TESTS : Lifts/carries 50 pounds occasionally, pushing/pulling a maximum force of 75 pounds; Safe Lifting criteria, floor to knuckle 50 pounds, shoulder to overhead 50 pounds; PDC Level, heavy.
WORK ENVIRONMENT : The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member occasionally works in high, precarious places; in outside weather conditions; and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Nevada law applies to all terms of employment for this position.
Written/Approved HP(HR) MH(Transport)
2014©Flyers Energy LLC