Drives company vehicle to deliver lumber, building materials, hardware and other building and maintenance supplies to customer's home, construction site or place of business.
Complies with all federal, state and local laws.
Collects payment from customers on COD orders and records customer information according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Verifies order details and obtains customer signature on store copy of delivery ticket.
Follows directions or uses a map to locate delivery addresses or locations efficiently.
Records all pertinent delivery information as needed for accurate tracking.
Collects and organizes required paperwork for delivery and transfer activity.
Treats all customers and their agents with courtesy and respect. Acts as a customer service liaison between the site customer and the facility personnel.
Informs regular customers of new products or services.
Informs store management or personnel of any customer complaints or requests in a timely manner.
Listens to and resolves service complaints.
Collects or picks up empty containers, rejected or unsold merchandise from delivery sites as directed.
Loads vehicle safely and accurately.
Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of the inside and outside of delivery vehicles.
Performs routine safety check on vehicles according to company guidelines.
Assists in yard and warehouse with stocking, loading and organizing materials.
Assist customers in the yard with loading material and product questions when not driving a delivery truck.
Follows Standard Operating Procedures while carrying out the responsibilities of position.
Complies with all company safety standards
Attends all store meetings and training sessions.
- Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be able to meet the driver eligibility guidelines for the Company.
- Must successfully complete all Company training and certification requirements regarding equipment usage, including obtaining McCoy’s forklift certification.
- Can read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public, to understand highway signs and signals and to respond to official inquiries.
- Can by reason of training, experience or both, safely operate the type of commercial motor vehicle he/she drives.
- Is physically qualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle in accordance with FMCSR requirements.
- Has prepared and furnished the motor carrier that employs him/her with a list of violations or the certificate as required.
- Is not disqualified to drive a commercial motor vehicle under FMCSR rules.
- Has successfully completed a driver's road test or has presented a copy of his/her commercial driver's license to the motor carrier.
- Must have current and appropriate operators license for the equipment being operated or towed, or the manner in which the equipment is used according to the following chart:
Operators License Required
Equipment Operations Allowed
Class C or Standard Operators license
This driver may operate any McCoy’s vehicle of 26,000# or less Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) provided :
- The vehicle IS NOT towing a utility trailer rated for over 10,000#
Class B operators license with Air Brake designation
This driver may operate any McCoy’s vehicle that exceeds 26,000# provided:
- The vehicle IS NOT a combination unit (tractor/trailer)
- The vehicle IS NOT towing a utility trailer rated over 10,000#
Class A operators license
This driver may operate any McCoy’s vehicle including combination units (tractor/trailer) and may tow a utility trailer rated over 10,000#.
McCoy's Building Supply - 7 months ago
McCoy’s is a fourth-generation, family-owned supplier of lumber, building supplies and farm and ranch equipment with supply stores in...