Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
Driver - BloomsburgAbout OricaOrica is a great place to work. We have strong values and do not rest on past successes. We always strive to do better. We value our people and have a proud tradition of leadership, innovation, quality and safety. Orica is a truly global company with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people that originate from more than 130 nationalities.The role
Orica is seeking a Class B CDL Driver with Tanker and Hazmat for its Bloomsburg location.We’re seeking the right professional to join this team to help safely deliver blasting products and services our customers want and to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.Unlike other jobs, our drivers spend a lot of time out of the truck, doing a variety of physical and mental work, interacting with team members and customers to ensure products are delivered right.The Driver will be responsible for:
- Learning and following all DOT, MSHA and customer safety rules
- Loading and unloading products based on each day’s work orders.
- Driving on commercial and mining site roads.
- Operating specialty vehicles to load blasting product into holes based on instructions from blasting and engineering staff.
- Regular preventative maintenance on trucks.
Experience & Qualifications Required
What We Offer To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to pass criminal background, drug and fit for duty physical tests.
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials, with a strong track record of safety compliance.
- Class B CDL with a clean driving record; Hazmat and Tanker endorsements helpful
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail with ability to prioritize various ongoing daily tasks and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
How to Apply To apply, email your resume to Dani WIllis at Dani.firstname.lastname@example.org. To view more Orica vacancies, we invite you to visit the Orica careers page.
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!