Company Name: GEO GRP
Provides counseling services, assists the inmates in adjusting to facility life and obtaining needed services or changes in assignment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Interviews newly admitted inmates/detainees. Develops detailed knowledge of those assigned to specific caseload.
• Resolves daily inmate/detainee problems, complaints and concerns with general counseling techniques.
• Conducts regularly scheduled meetings with inmates to provide assistance with rehabilitation program, work assignment, housing-related challenges.
• Makes daily assigned unit visits to ensure informal contact with inmates/detainees and interaction with Correction Officers.
• Inspects units for cleanliness and adherence to security practices.
• May log and distribute legal and certified mail and coordinate inmate telephone sign-up list.
• May serve as an active participant on the classification teaming committee meetings to determine assigned housing, in addition to appropriate work and rehabilitation programs. May serve on the discipline committee.
• Resolves day-to-day problems with counseling. Refers inmates/detainees with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
• May provide assistance to the inmates/detainees in obtaining needed services. Serves as a representative for the inmate/detainee at classification committee meetings.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of inmate/detainee daily contacts as detailed in the agency program procedures.
• Monitors inmate/detainee work details to ensure appropriate assignments and quotas are filled to provide facility needs.
• Coordinates approval/denial of inmate/detainee visiting and telephone lists.
• Assists the Corrections Officer with the security inspection of the living unit to ensure sanitary and security policies of the facility are adhered to.
• Assists with unit management activities as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...