The Classroom Counselor works as part of a therapeutic team within the classroom to provide a positive and creative learning environment for students. The Classroom Counselor implements the behavioral system, provides academic assistance for students, and assists the teacher with any necessary duties.
- El Sobrante
- Bay Point
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team using behavioral, clinical, and therapeutic techniques appropriately.
- Chart and write weekly summaries of each students' mental health goals.
- Participate in individual and small group instruction.
- Supervise students as directed by supervisor.
- Transport students to and from residence.
- Communicate effectively with all staff who are involved in the daily life of the student.
- Provide crisis intervention for students as needed. (this includes physical management of the clients and implementation of Seneca Center's Ahimsa Model Training).
- BA/BS or within 6 months of graduation
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid California driver's license and insurance
- Insurable by Seneca's automobile policy
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, and partially paid premiums for dependents
- Scholarship opportunities
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (Plan)
Seneca Family of Agencies - 17 months ago