The Classroom Therapist provides therapeutic mental health, case management and consultation services to children and their families. The Classroom Therapist works in collaboration with the public school employees to provide mental health and educational services. The Therapist's duties include assessment, facilitation of group, individual, and/or family therapy; assisting in creation and implementation of individual behavioral plans for each child. In addition, the therapist facilitates the understanding of clinical issues with the classroom staff and aids in creating a therapeutic milieu within a public school setting.
Seneca provides outstanding training and clinical supervision. From the moment of hire, Seneca will work with you to plan your path to licensure, including projecting dates for completing your hours and helping you prepare for your exams.
- El Sobrante
- Bay Point
- Conduct weekly individual and family therapy for each student.
- Create and monitor individual behavioral goals for each student.
- Work collaboratively with public school staff.
- Monitor classroom behavioral interventions for each student.
- Provide case management and social services for each student.
- Monitor psychotropic medications.
- Record all contacts in progress notes.
- Complete all reports required for each student.
- Develop initial, individual, and family therapy contacts for each student.
- Assist with crisis intervention and special activities as per schedule.
- Provide consultation to classroom staff.
- Attend weekly clinical and business meetings; present cases to be discussed as pre-assigned.
- Attend weekly case management meetings and, if scheduled, prepare and present all necessary therapeutic and treatment information.
- Attend all relevant training, including in-services.
- Meet regularly with supervisor(s) to evaluate each student.
- Master's degree in Social Work/Psychology/Counseling.
- Eligible to register with the BBS.
- Experience working in a day treatment or residential facility serving emotionally disturbed children and their families preferred.
- Valid California Driver's License and insurability by Seneca's automobile insurance carrier.
- Fulfillment of TB test, fingerprinting and state clearance, and any other mandatory state/federal requirements.
School days and school hours (Full time)
- Competitive Salary
- Additional stipend for bilingual abilities in Spanish and English upon successful completion of the language proficiency exam.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan.
- 5 weeks of flexible paid time off.
- Excellent clinical training, individual and group supervision, and assistance toward licensure.
Seneca Family of Agencies - 5 months ago