Maintain the customer's equipment to ensure customer comfort and safety. Promote products, contracts and services to guarantee customer equipment maintenance, and provide total home comfort for the customer.
- Cleaning the customer's equipment to maintain the efficiency of the equipment and ensure total home comfort.
- Checking the equipment for any defects which need to be repaired or replaced for customer comfort and safety.
- Legibly and accurately complete company paperwork.
- Call ahead to notify the customer that they (the technician) are en route to customer site.
- Promote products which will benefit the customer's safety and comfort.
- Place and/or update sticker on customer equipment after servicing.
- The technician may shut off and/or refuse to turn on a customer's equipment if they identify a safety issue such as a cracked heat exchanger.
- Technician must provide their own hand tools including, but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Technicians will be provided with: a camera, vacuum and brushes.
- Technician is required to wear booties, provided by company, in customer residence at all times.
- Technician must provide customer with all company paperwork including pamphlet, brochure, questionnaire and work order.
- Continuously provide the customer with the highest levels of customer service
- Understands and comply with all safety policies
- Submit tickets that are written precisely and effectively to ensure readability
- Examine relevant issues to have maximum time effectiveness
- Identify and make effective use of travel time
- Provide excellent communication both verbal and nonverbal to customers and fellow employees
Related Work Experience:
- Technician must be certified to work with refrigerant, and must be a graduate, or close to graduation from an (accredited) HVAC program.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to read maps for direction, to identify safety issues with customer's equipment and to adhere to company policies.
- EPA Certification Type1 and 2 or Universal
- 1 to 3 years minimum experience
- Technician must be able to communicate with customers and dispatchers to ensure highest possible customer satisfaction.
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Technician will require math skills in order to calculate billing on customer invoice, and perform calculations with figures taken with gauges.
- Technician must have legible handwriting so that customer/billing/warehouse can interpret invoice details of parts used, work performed and equipment serial number
- Technician may need to kneel, crawl and/or crouch in ductwork or crawlspace in order to service equipment including, but not limited to: furnace, air conditioner and water heater.
- Technician will have to walk from the truck to the customer's equipment, carrying approximately 10 lbs of tools, a vacuum and other items as needed.
- May also have to carry tools up/down stairs.
- Technician may need to reach in order to service equipment such as a humidifier.
- Technician will perform repetitive motion when removing or replacing screws in equipment.
- Technician must be able to bend and lift approximately 30 lbs, to remove top of AC unit for example.
- Technician must be able to talk to dispatch, supervisors and fellow technicians via the Nextel device.
- Technician must be able to listen to the sounds of the equipment when advised by customer and to diagnose problem.
- Technician must be able to see in order to adjust the burners, to read gauges and part numbers and serial numbers.
AGL Resources - 18 months ago
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...