AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National , which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com .
Job Summary: Maintain the customer's equipment to ensure customer comfort and safety. Promote products, contracts and services to guarantee customer equipment maintenance, and provide total home comfort for the customer.
- Cleaning the customer's equipment to maintain the efficiency of the equipment and ensure total home comfort.
- Checking the equipment for any defects which need to be repaired or replaced for customer comfort and safety.
- Legibly and accurately complete company paperwork.
- Call ahead to notify the customer that they (the technician) are en route to customer site.
- Promote products which will benefit the customer's safety and comfort.
- Place and/or update sticker on customer equipment after servicing.
- The technician may shut off and/or refuse to turn on a customer's equipment if they identify a safety issue such as a cracked heat exchanger.
- Technician must provide their own hand tools including, but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.
- Technicians will be provided with: a camera, vacuum and brushes.
- Technician is required to wear booties, provided by company, in customer residence at all times.
- Technician must provide customer with all company paperwork including pamphlet, brochure, questionnaire and work order.
- Continuously provide the customer with the highest levels of customer service
- Understands and comply with all safety policies
- Submit tickets that are written precisely and effectively to ensure readability
- Examine relevant issues to have maximum time effectiveness
- Identify and make effective use of travel time
- Provide excellent communication both verbal and nonverbal to customers and fellow employees
Related Work Experience:
- Technician must be certified to work with refrigerant, and must be a graduate, or close to graduation from an (accredited) HVAC program.
- Position requires a valid driver's license and the ability to read maps for direction, to identify safety issues with customer's equipment and to adhere to company policies.
- EPA Certification Type1 and 2 or Universal
- 1 to 3 years minimum experience
- Technician must be able to communicate with customers and dispatchers to ensure highest possible customer satisfaction.
Specific Skills& Knowledge:
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Technician will require math skills in order to calculate billing on customer invoice, and perform calculations with figures taken with gauges.
- Technician must have legible handwriting so that customer/billing/warehouse can interpret invoice details of parts used, work performed and equipment serial number
Disclaimer: This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
- Technician may need to kneel, crawl and/or crouch in ductwork or crawlspace in order to service equipment including, but not limited to: furnace, air conditioner and water heater.
- Technician will have to walk from the truck to the customer's equipment, carrying approximately 10 lbs of tools, a vacuum and other items as needed.
- May also have to carry tools up/down stairs.
- Technician may need to reach in order to service equipment such as a humidifier.
- Technician will perform repetitive motion when removing or replacing screws in equipment.
- Technician must be able to bend and lift approximately 30 lbs, to remove top of AC unit for example.
- Technician must be able to talk to dispatch, supervisors and fellow technicians via the Nextel device.
- Technician must be able to listen to the sounds of the equipment when advised by customer and to diagnose problem.
- Technician must be able to see in order to adjust the burners, to read gauges and part numbers and serial numbers.
AGL Resources is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
AGL Resources - 20 months ago
AGL Resources brings its resources to customers in seven states through its fleet of utilities. Its Nicor Gas unit has 2.2 million customers...