Earthjustice is the original environmental law organization, built on the belief that we all have a right to a healthy environment. We fight, using the power of the law to preserve, protect, and promote a healthier, more sustainable world for everyone. Through far-reaching, big-impact litigation, we ensure that those who jeopardize the health of the planet are held accountable to the law. We work tenaciously to preserve our natural heritage, safeguard our health, and promote a clean energy future.
Earthjustice has nine regional offices, an international program, and legislative policy and communications advocacy teams. We hire the best and brightest who share our passion for justice and a healthy environment for all people.
This position in Earthjustice’s Policy and Legislation Department provides legislative and administrative strategy development and implementation on clean water issue priorities for Earthjustice assigned by the Supervisor. We will be considering applicants with experience ranging from Associate to Senior level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Development and implementation of legislative and administrative strategies relating to assigned issues.
- Directly lobbies Congress and the Administration.
- Tracks legislation relating to assigned issues.
- Develops lobby and education materials.
- Develops or assists in developing media strategies with Communications Department and conducts media outreach on assigned issues.
- Tracks legislation and policy initiatives relating to assigned issues.
- Perform policy and legislative analysis.
- Represent Earthjustice in coalitions.
- Represents Department on Earthjustice practice groups related to assigned issues.
- Liaison with Earthjustice Litigators working on assigned issues.
- Educate the Administration and Congress on key legal challenges and rulings.
- Based on experience, serve as spokesperson for Earthjustice on assigned issues.
- Bachelors or Masters in related environmental field, JD a plus.
- Policy or legal advocacy experience ranging from associate to senior level. Minimum two years’ experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working with the legislative process.
- Experience working with the Clean Water Act a plus
- Familiarity with administrative rulemaking process.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and deadlines.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in coalitions.
- Experience in working with media.
- Proven ability to work independently.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. For full position description and to learn more about Earthjustice visit www.earthjustice.org .
- Dependent on experience, this position may supervise projects and other efforts performed on assigned issues by Assistants, Interns or Contractors.
To Appl y
Interested candidates should submit a resume along with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Clean Water Advocate” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.
Earthjustice - 18 months ago