The Clearing Operations Analyst is responsible for support of the electronic clearing systems. This is a customer-facing position that requires identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving internal system problems as well as external customer-related IT issues. The role is a blend of general technical and business knowledge, as well as the overall architecture of the Exchange, Clearing Systems, and network.
The Clearing Operations Analyst will provide immediate assistance to clearing members, back office, support personnel and IT staff in an effort to achieve the highest customer satisfaction and minimize the impact of IT related problems. The Clearing Operations Analyst must be a motivated team player that can see projects to completion, work independently, and be willing to assist other staff in areas not specific to their duties.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day customer issues and helping other ICE staff with problem solving and escalation procedures
- Ability to quickly assess an issue and provide management with well-conceived short- and long-term actions for restoration of service(s) required
- Take ownership of production incidents including communication, escalation, and follow-up for root-cause analysis
- Must be able to prepare documentation for troubleshooting and escalation procedures
- Run daily operations procedures including overseeing end of day clearing and banking runs
- Support production change processes including deployments, risk assessment and testing
- Understand the ICE Clearing platforms and apply technical knowledge to improve system performance and reliability
- Work with the client to communicate important information about system maintenance, changes and events, and to address client concerns regarding any aspect of the services
- Interaction with third-party vendors is required and coordination with the various ICE business units (specifically clearing houses) is an integral part of the position's responsibilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills required
- Minimum 4 years experience in technology support
- Understanding router, switch, firewall and proxy technologies
- Internetworking experience with Microsoft OS and LAN/WAN technologies (TCP/IP, Multicast)
- Direct support experience for real-time systems
- Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions desired
- JAVA/MQ/SWIFT experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Solaris/UNIX/Linux a plus
IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (ICE) is an operator of regulated global futures exchanges and over-the-counter (OTC) markets. The Company...