CLERICAL ASSISTANT 1
We have an opening in our San Francisco, California office for a Clerical Assistant. The Clerical Assistant is responsible for meeting established data entry quality, production and timeliness goals for clerical aspects of the claims department.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate sorting, scanning & indexing of mail
- Responsible for timely assignment of scanned documents to Systema
- Accurately enters data and performs all procedures to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Proactively communicates directly to the supervisor any problems or issues that may adversely impact the workflow procedure
- Responds to requests for quick assistance and meets commitments
- Locates and pull files as requested.
- Prepares outgoing mail for the US Postal Service
- Performs high quality customer service when answering phone calls
- Performs other support tasks as requested
- Able to effectively communicate verbally or in writing
- Actively work with others to achieve unit goals and objectives
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Complies with required project schedules/timeliness
•Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
•Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, prepare cost analysis and lead from implementation to conclusion; Asks for and offers help when needed.
•Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
•Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
•Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
•Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.