Responsible for meeting established data entry quality, production and timeliness goals for clerical aspects of the claims department.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate sorting, scanning & indexing of mail
- Responsible for timely assignment of scanned documents to systema
- Accurately enters data and performs all procedures to ensure tasks are completed timely and accurately
- Proactively communicates directly to the supervisor any problems or issues that may adversely impact the workflow procedure
- Responds to requests for quick assistance and meets commitments
- Locates and pull files as requested.
- Prepares outgoing mail for the US Postal Service
- Performs high quality customer service when answering phone calls
- Performs other support tasks as requested
- Able to effectively communicate verbally or in writing
- Actively work with others to achieve unit goals and objectives
- Adhere to company policies and procedures
- Complies with required project schedules/timeliness
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of office operations, and data-entry.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and customers the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 19 months ago