Coordinates and executes secretarial, clerical, receptionist, and office support functions of the department so that department functions smoothly on a daily basis. Assists with various projects, classes, and activities. Certain job responsibilities may not be listed, see each department's job description for specifics to that department.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs general secretary duties in a friendly, professional manner for the Manager, and all other positions within the Department, answering the telephone(s), screening calls, referring calls, taking messages, and providing assistance to the caller if needed.
2. Greets visitors arriving in the department and assists them promptly or directs them to the appropriate staff member.
3. Processes documents including letters, reports, policies and minutes for Manager as requested.
4. Maintains appointment calendar and filing systems as requested by Manager.
5. Interacts with and provides backup assistance for the Administrative Office Staff.
6. On a daily basis retrieves, sorts, prioritizes, and distributes mail for the department.
7. Orders and maintains constant availability of supplies, forms, and marketing collaterals routinely needed by staff and assembles supplies as needed for distribution.
8. Maintains organized department storeroom and assures that department meets biannual safety inspection standards.
9. Provides clerical support to staff as requested by all department staff, including, but not limited to: keying, proof-reading, filing, processing of mailings, computerized time and attendance records, meeting/event arrangements, courier arrangements, and report production.
10. Maintains Center's master mailing list and appropriate sub-lists, provides updated lists and labels as requested.
11. Negotiates with vendors and orders premiums needed for events and functions that affect the entire Center. Works with and assists departments ordering their own materials through pre-approved vendors.
12. Works with vendor to order, process, and receive business cards requested by Center staff.
13. Processes invoices for signatures and accuracy so they arrive in Accounting to be paid in a timely manner. Maintains hard-copy records on all department bills, both incoming and outgoing.
14. Coordinates and processes the computerized time and attendance for accuracy and promptness.
15. Schedules meeting rooms and makes event arrangements for department activities.
16. Maintains appropriate level of confidentiality with documents and information.
17. Coordinates volunteer assistance for departmental projects.
High school graduate or equivalent with additional post high school education related to subjects connected to the secretarial/business and/or public relations fields. Participation in FMC University classes or FMC University graduate preferred.
State of Ohio Notary Public, CPR Certified
Three years previous office/secretary experience including organization and prioritization.