This position participates in the reconciliation of physical inventory of materials and the periodic cycle counting of products. Analyze, recommend, and implement improvements to control the inventory and improve service levels. Control parts and inventory in a secure location. Provide and handle all machine repair parts and all operating supplies to employees requesting them.
1. Requisitions inventory or repair items as determined by reorder levels or as needed.
2. Reads shop manuals to ascertain type and specification of parts.
3. Contacts vendors by phone or fax to obtain pricing, availability, of parts & places orders as needed.
4. Compares invoices against requisitions to verify quality and quantity of merchandise received.
5. Stores purchased parts in storeroom bins and issues parts to mechanics or production upon request. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds is required.
6. Working knowledge of SAP and EBUY, to assist in the purchasing of parts and supplies.
7. Working knowledge of SOMAX, for PM's, work order tracking, parts inventory.
8. Working with Maintenance Planners to perform part kitting.
9. Other assigned duties when required.
10. Must have a valid North Carolina driver licenses.
1. Post high-school education and/or training desired.
2. Must possess or be willing to successfully complete and maintain additional training, assessments or certification as required for the job.
3. 1-3 years bakery operation experience. Knowledge of bakery equipment and operations is essential.
4. Demonstrated effective written, verbal and listening skills required..
5. Demonstrated ability to read, understand and interpret repair manual is required.
6. Computer skills required.
7. Establishes effective working relationships with all levels of management and employees. May work with vendors as appropriate and/or assigned.
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
High School/GED or equivalent
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...