Position is responsible for being involved in daily operation of the Shipping Department, by maintaining needed supplies of all products and processing and banding shipment.
• Inspecting orders for packing and verification of completeness.
• Picking/pulling all orders requests for shipping, in a safe and efficient manner to guard against damage during shipment. (Banding pallet freight)
• Maintaining an organized work area throughout the day by palletizing or racking complete orders as designated.
• Operating all material handling equipment in a safe manner at all times.
• Verifying all shipments are accounted for with carrier labels before releasing to carriers
• Put stock of finished material up in storage racks.
• Load and unload trucks
• Continuous improvement in areas of safety, professional development, and adhering to company policies
• Practice efficient and daily housekeeping requirements and follow all safety policies
• Special Projects as assigned
• Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a sit down forklift
• Must have at least 1 year of experience operating a stand-up reach forklift
• High School diploma or GED required
• Should have experience pulling orders
• Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs on a regular basis
• Should have basic math skills
Other Job Information (if applicable):
Fritz Industries, Inc. - 24 months ago