A Transportation Clerk provides administrative support for the warehouse Transportation function.
- Maintain records on the destination, weight, and charges on all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Perform data entry, labeling, and filing, generate import files, assist with the tracking and expediting of freight, and freight and broker invoice auditing.
- Ensure accuracy of rate charges by verifying classification of materials with rate schedule.
- Monitor pending shipments related to the shipping schedules of purchases issued and update the traffic record system.
- Confirm information, provide product information, resolve problems, determine method of shipment and ship items, and maintain records.
- Scan or hand enter information into a computer.
- Enter incoming and outgoing freight data, such as destination, weight, route initiating department, and charges into record system.
- May create bills of lading, shipment reports, and process all incoming and outgoing shipment record.
- Maintain records of overcharges and for damages to goods in transit.
Working Safely is a Condition for Employment with C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Communication skills.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- Attention to Detail.
- Problem Sensitivity.
- Interpersonal Understanding.
- Organizational Skills.
C&S Wholesale Grocers - 23 months ago