This is a 12 month - Local 2250 ACE/AFSCME position
Salary range - $14.96 - $27.31
CLOSING DATE: May 2, 2013
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Types correspondence, reports, financial or statistical data, stencils and a variety of other material from copy; rough draft, dictating machines and general instructions; and/or sets up and arranges material in appropriate formats; keys in data into a recording media for retrieval;
- Sets up and maintains files and records system; gathers data for record purposes; selects and disposes of obsolete file and records material;
- Utilizes a good knowledge of departmental operations, procedures, regulations and policies to extract and summarize pertinent data from files and records, to prepare routine correspondence, and to supply a variety of information to callers;
- Checks forms, reports and other material for completeness and accuracy and follows up to correct discrepancies;
- Maintains statistical, financial and other records; prepares routine periodic and special reports for administrative purposes by looking up and assembling data and compiling same into required reporting form;
- Operates a variety of office machines;
- May supervise employees of lower salary level;
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic;
- Good knowledge of office terminology, procedures and equipment;
- Ability to make arithmetical computations with speed and accuracy;
- Ability to operate office equipment; ability to type at the established rate of speed;
- Skill in data entry and retrieval; ability to maintain clerical records and to prepare reports from such records;
- Ability to plan and supervise the work of others, if required;
- Ability to deal with the public tactfully and courteously and to work harmoniously with other employees;
- Good judgment in making minor decisions in accordance with established procedures, regulations and policies; and be in good physical condition.
Completion of a standard high school diploma or GED with clerical experience at the level of Clerk Typist II, preferably including some experience in the assigned functional area; preferably supplemented by business school courses; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Direct Deposit is expected as a condition of new hire employment.
Based on the settlement agreement reached in Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor v. Prince George's County Board of Education, OALJ Case No. 2011-LCA-00026, PGCPS is ineligible to sponsor foreign nationals for U.S. employment under any temporary or permanent visa program. As a condition of employment, all applicants for employment must be qualified to work in the United States without sponsorship by PGCPS. If you are not work-authorized and would require PGCPS to sponsor you for a work visa you will not be considered for employment
Prince George's County Public Schools - 19 months ago