Job Order: J0413-1627 - Temporary Full Time
Title: Clerk Typist
Category: Corporate Functions / Administration
City: Washington, Alabama, United States
Job Description: Clerk Typist
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal! CGI is seeking a Clerk Typist to support our government client in Washington, DC. The Clerk Typist position will provide basic word processing support to include producing a variety of standard documents, such as correspondence, form letters, reports, tables and other printed materials.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Editing and reformatting written or electronic drafts. Examples include: correcting function codes; adjusting spacing formatting and standardizing headings, margins, and indentations.
- Transcribing scientific reports, lab analysis, legal proceedings, or similar material from voice tapes or handwritten drafts. Work requires knowledge of specialized, technical, or scientific terminology.
Education Requirements :
- Have at least 2 years of recent word processing or transcription experience
- Ability to type 65 words a minute with no more than two errors
- Be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Be able to apply vocabulary knowledge necessary to maintain speed and accuracy in typing from written materials or voice recordings
- Be able to apply judgment in the spacing and arrangement of summaries typed;
- Arrange the summaries in the format necessary to meet agency requirements.
- Have experience in a legal or criminal justice environment.
- Have a legal background whether as a legal secretary or legal typist/stenographer.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an active Department of Justice Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Ability to successfully complete the CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education and Employment
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 69,000 professionals located in more than 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
CGI - 10 months ago
CGI doesn't generate make-believe worlds, but rather real-life worldwide IT services. The company is the leading technology services...