Responsible for transcription, record and file maintenance, promotional material production, events coordination, mailings, and other administrative support. Work is performed under direct supervision. No supervision is exercised over other employees.
- Performs receptionist duties at front desk.
- Registers all incoming mail and faxes into log book and distributes to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures files and records are maintained and stored properly.
- Coordinates and maintains appointment calendar.
- Develops presentations, flyers, and brochures for various department events.
- Prepares and types reports, memorandums, and other correspondence.
- Makes travel arrangements and coordinates the usage of City vehicles.
- Maintains supplies by submitting purchase order requests.
- Sends out notices and reminders and maintains mailing database.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General office, writing, and computer skills.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to proofread and make necessary edits to documents.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of general office experience.
City of Springfield, MA - 20 months ago