Omaha, NE United States
This position is located in the Pathology and Laboratory Service. Please see Duties section below for more information about the duties.
The position is responsible for transcription of all documents in a timely manner with extreme accuracy.
Works independently ; transcribing reports in order of established priority. Monitors dictation system to ensure that urgent/critical dictation, which requires special handling, is processed prior to other dictation, to ensure quality patient care.
Prioritizes incoming work and determines which priority has precedence.
Transcribes reports accurately using correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, and follows established formats for reports transcribed.
Medical transcription requires practical knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, and internal organization of medical reports, medical report standards and requirements, and the legal significance of medical transcription.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm
Position Description Title/PD#: 70128-0
- Qualifications & Evaluations
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement .
Applicants must have One year of general experience.
Applicants may substitute education for the experience required for the GS-4 level.
Applicants may also combine education and experience to qualify at the GS-4 level. To calculate, first identify the percentage of required education you have earned (when substituting, you cannot use the first 60 semester hours that you earned). Then identify the percentage of required experience you possess. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify at the GS-4 . For example, an applicant who has 9 semester hours of graduate level education (i.e. 50% of graduate education required) and 6 months of creditable specialized experience (i.e. 50% of the required experience) would equal 100% of the required experience for the position.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
You will be rated on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs) based on your application for this position.
- Ability to work independently, set workload priorities, and work accurately under deadlines
KSA 2 - Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Word processing system and dictation/transcription data bases and dictation devises.
KSA 3 - Extensive knowledge of medical terminology in all fields.
KSA 4 - Possess excellent typing to type from spoken word with accuracy.
If you are referred for consideration, you may be asked to submit additional job related information, which may include, but not limited to; responses to the knowledge, skills and abilities; completion of a work sample, and/or contact for an interview.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE. If your resume/application does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
- Benefits & Other Info
- VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered: http://www.va.gov/JOBS/Job_Benefits/benefits.asp .
VA supports the use of telework as a way to help attract and retain talented individuals in public service, increase worker productivity, and better prepare the agency to operate during emergencies. This position may be authorized for telework. Telework eligibility will be discussed during the interview process.
Placement Policy: The posting of this announcement does not obligate management to fill a vacancy or vacancies by promotion. The position may be filled by reassignment, change to lower grade, transfer, appointment, or reinstatement. Management may use any one or any combination of these methods to fill the position.
- How to Apply
- More Info
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible. If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
- Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
- Per Year
- To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 946569.
- Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, September 11, 2013to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed. To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
- Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire .
- Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf .
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- After the vacancy announcement closes and a referral certificate is issued, an electronic notification letter - or e-mail - will be sent to applicants who provide an e-mail address. Otherwise, you will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service within 2 to 4 weeks.
- 15513-Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...