Location: Manheim Pennsylvania Auto Auction, Manheim, PA
Working outside on the lot, this position is responsible for the proper check-in and outside registration of customer vehicles for Auction sale.
- Input accurate vehicle information into the AS400 computer using a handheld computer (or provide information via headset to co-worker for data entry) for each vehicle received at the Auction:
- Vehicle Identification number (VIN)
- Stock number
- Dealer identification number
- Make, model, year, mileage, color, options, etc.
- Affix barcode/stock number sticker on each vehicle received.
- Place work order numbers and routing labels on vehicles upon entry.
- Flag "no key" cars.
- Direct transporters to proper car drop zone.
- Report transport damage as needed.
- Take digital image of vehicle upon receipt.
- Provide proper sale identification windshield code to the person who is driving vehicle through the registration/check-in area.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e. assist on sale days driving vehicles through Auction sales lanes, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of previous Auction and/or vehicle registration experience preferred.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
- 18 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...