The Army's Family, Morale, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR) vision is to enhance the quality of life of the Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees.
Location of the position: Gordon Conference Center. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays and is subject to IRREGULAR tour of duty. This is a Flexible position with a varied scheduled work week of 0-39 hours per week. This position may be converted to Regular Part-Time (20-39 hpw) or Regular Full-Time (40 hpw) without further competition. Catering experience to include software and sales a plus. Interview may include a skills and personality assessment.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Performs a variety of administrative and clerical functions in support of the activity to which assigned. Receives and reviews incoming documents for completeness taking or coordinating and tracking required action. Establishes and maintains offices files in accordance with regulatory guidance/procedures. Responds to customer inquires and complaints providing general information and assistance concerning office function, established procedures, etc. May be responsible for automated time and attendance processing. May perform a variety of complex typing.
Progressively responsible clerical experience, which involved the use of calculations and personal computers to include Microsoft Office. Ability to type 40 WPM.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Must be available to work evenings, holidays and weekends.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications; Typing Requirements; Automation Functions; Clerical Functions; Customer Service. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Note: Experience, Knowledge and Skills that support your qualifications must be reflected on your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
Nonappropriated Funds (NAF) Regular positions include the following NAF Benefits: Annual and Sick leave, Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan, Health and Life Insurance, Long Term Care Plan Insurance and Flexible Spending Account. For additional benefits information please refer to http://www.armymwr.org/hr/nafbenefits/default.aspx .
Flexible positions are not eligible for benefits
To successfully claim veteran's priority consideration, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...