JOB TITLE: CLERK
DEPARTMENT: VALLEJO MEDICAL
REPORTS TO: CLINIC MANAGER
STATUS: NON-EXEMPT (NON-UNION POSITION)
SALARY: $12.5592 PER HOUR W/ NO FRINGE BENEFITS
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
POSITION AVAILABLE: NOW
ABOUT THE POSITION: Under direct supervision, the individual in this position will be responsible for filling charts; pulling laboratory reports, ultrasounds, medical records correspondence, and faxes; retrieving and preparing the charts of patients scheduled for appointments for the next day; assuring that medical records are complete and accurate by following up on inconsistencies and omissions with appropriate personnel; keep the hospital chart updated with the appropriate charts based on gestational age; transporting the medical records cart to and from the hospital; maintaining adequate supply of medical charts and assuring that they are maintained in good condition. In addition, the person hired in this position will be also assisting in front desk duties.
1. Requires completion of high school/equivalent, with courses in business and typing subjects, supplemented by one to two years paid experience in a clerical medical setting; one year medical records work in a clinic, or hospital setting required.
2. Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and basic medical terminology essential. Knowledge of MS Office programs a plus.
3. Ability to file using alpha/numerical systems; follow oral and written instructions, and perform detailed clerical work in a methodical and thorough manner with speed and accuracy.
4. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with a variety of people.
5. Ability to spell correctly, communicate effectively orally and in writing, and make accurate mathematical computations.
6. Sufficient skill in typing to complete a minimum of 25-30wpm, and operate a 10-key adding machine.
7. Must have the physical stamina to function effectively in a position that requires continuous movement.
8. Must be able to physically push/pull 50lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Note: The following are duties performed by employees in this classification. However, not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification. Employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.)
1. Retrieves and prepares the charts of patients scheduled for appointments/audits for the next day and files charts upon return.
2. Assures that medical records are complete and accurate by following up on inconsistencies and omissions with appropriate personnel.
3. Maintains adequate supply of medical charts and assures that they are maintained in good condition.
4. Performs routine clerical tasks as they pertain to medical records such as sorting, opening and distributing mail, filing, photocopying, retrieving, entering and coding specific data into computer; may be required to type correspondence, statistical reports, and do other office tasks.
5. May operate a variety of manual/automated office equipment including computer, calculator, typewriter, 10 key adding machine, embosser, and photocopy machine.
6. Maintain hospital chart and assure charts are kept up to date based on gestational age.
7. Transport up to 50lbs. of medical records to/from hospital in a storage cart. Retrieve data sheets from hospital to create weekly delivery logs for tracking.
8. Handle incoming calls, scheduling appointments, answering phones, greeting patients and open encounters.
9. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
La Clínica de La Raza, Inc. - 2 years ago