Hours: V aried, and consist primarily of overnight hours and holidays. The work is on-call, as needed, with no guarantee of any set shifts and/or schedules. Relief Client Advocates are given short notice of work availability in many instances.
Summary: Assists residents of the Emergency Shelter and answers Hotline for shelter and/or information.
· Answers Crisis Hotline, assesses caller’s needs, determines eligibility for shelter admission, or makes appropriate referral.
· Provides or arranges emergency transportation for incoming clients.
· Completes intake procedures for each client, arranges for immediate needs of family.
· Manages shelter operations to include: enforcing shelter rules, policies and procedures, ensuring a calm, supportive atmosphere, maintaining the security of the shelter, distributing incoming client mail, supporting client participation in group meetings.
· Conducts daily House Meeting/Chore Assignments, “Orientation” groups for new residents, and educational/support groups when they fall during shift.
· Documents appropriate information in client files and communication log in a timely manner. Completes all appropriate forms maintained in resident files.
Minimum Requirements: High school diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s in Social Work or related field, or currently pursuing degree preferred. Experience working in a residential facility is highly desired. Current Texas Driver’s License required. Must have current proof of automobile liability insurance. Must have Microsoft Word and Excel experience.