The global law firm K&L Gates LLP seeks a Client Billing Assistant for its Chicago office. The position will support a group of attorneys performing all aspects of drafting and finalizing client bills.
· Ensure compliance with firm guidelines regarding billing and write-offs
· Work closely with assigned attorneys to make edits to proformas
· Prepare final bills, paying close attention to client specific requirements and setups
· Research questions that arise from review of the bills by the inventory manager.
· Perform quality control checks before bills are mailed
· Process electronic submission for e-billed clients and troubleshoot rejections
· Communicate with assigned attorneys regarding deadlines
· Provide billing reports on request
· Make changes in the Elite accounting system.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of billing experience, preferably in a law firm environment.
· Previous experience with Elite legal billing preferred.
· Requires previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite software and the ability to operate a personal computer for data entry with a high degree of accuracy, speed and proficiency.
· A great customer service demeanor.
· Ability to adapt to work in a fast pace, high demand and volume. Ability to work well under pressure when meeting deadlines.
· Availability to work overtime when essential duties of the position require irregular hours.
We offer a dynamic work environment and excellent benefits.
K&L Gates - 10 months ago