The position of CDS Data Analyst, Data Automation and Standards, is responsible for the functional support of pre-trip and post-trip data processes, and data standards in both the legacy and development systems. Key responsibilities for this position encompass: Analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, testing and support of the ETL and data processes, and support of master data. The position has responsibility for supporting and enforcing data standards and normalization processes in support of the Data Governance processes. The position assists in defining, developing, and documenting Data Audit requirements within the ETL (legacy and development) and data certification processes for third party data. This position assists the Data Management Team (Imports & Gems) in data anomaly research and in update script accuracy. Other responsibilities include documentation and gap analysis, training and consulting support. This individual also acts as a liaison and escalation point on system, data and problem solving efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Serve as SME on pre-trip and post-trip data development initiatives: analysis, documentation, mapping of requirements and testing.
- Serve as SME on master data development initiatives: analysis, documentation, requirements and testing.
- Responsible for master data anomoly research and discrepancy resolution.
- Responsible for updating of master data tables and pushing the updates to the transactional records in legacy systems
- Approves implementation of one-time and on-going scripts created or modified to update data in legacy systems.
- Work closely with the Manager – Data Automation & Standards to establish acceptable data monitoring and support processes and ensure those are followed consistently.
- Work closely with the Manager – Data Automation & Standards and the development teams in the planning, rollout and data migration initiatives for new ETL processes.
- Responsible for data and/or application analysis beyond the standard troubleshooting
- Assists Manager with planning and testing initiatives for data augmentation and documentation of data augmentation processes.
- Assists Manager in development of third party certification process and documentation
- Assists Manager with the creation of test plans and the coordination of testing efforts for all data development initiatives.
- Works with Data Management team (Imports & Gems) as directed to research data issues.
- Insure that products adhere to company-wide standards.
- Responsible for continuous process improvement; constantly evaluating process and service delivery to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends. Maintain a current knowledge of new releases, bugs and issues and communicate to the CDS Manager
- Escalation point for all master data management issues.
- Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities not specifically outlined herein, but which are logically and properly inherent to the position.
- Capable of problem solving: anticipating, and resolving issues.
- Capable of working in a team environment as a role model, supporting management & staff, following policies, providing feedback, and assisting in special projects.
- Able to adapt to change
- Ability to work independently, create action plans, implement goals and objectives, exercise discretion and judgment
- Professional manner and appearance.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Embracing diversity – Working effectively with people who have backgrounds, skills, and attitudes different from their own.
- Strong International skills – able to interact with employees in different countries
- Capable of thinking innovatively, strategically and conceptually.
- Strong analytical, logic and problem solving kills
- Capable of identifying customer needs - listening to information, asking probing questions, applying knowledge and associating solutions
- Must have 3 + years of experience working in a technical role, supporting data and MIS systems
- Strong technical background, including knowledge of the pre-trip data, Post trip data, the collection process, work flow and the data integration.
- Knowledge of pre and post trip reporting data bases
- Solid knowledge of the global data environment and data capabilities
- Strong travel industry knowledge and data/pnr formats
- Strong technology background, including an understanding of multiple environments, database systems, databases, business intelligence tools, reporting tools and a working knowledge of the development environment.
- Strong competency of SQL tools and ability to effectively write and interpret queries and results to aid in troubleshooting efforts.
- Collaborative skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proven ability to work across all levels of management to drive results
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work extended and or off-hours as needed or required
- Occasional overnight travel may be necessary
Physical and Mental Requirements:
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand.
Travel (for positions requiring travel):
Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Client Data Solutions
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
BCD Travel - 5 months ago