The Client Engagement Project Manager (CEPM) is responsible for exceeding client expectations through superior implementation and delivery of leadership and management products and services. The typical engagements assigned to the CEPM will be complex, multi-service engagements that extend over time. The CEPM serves as the central point of contact for each client engagement, managing the client relationship, implementing strong project/program practices, and contributing to standard federal government and commercial implementation methodologies and management best practices. The CEPM is part of the Business Operations team, working with an integrated team of product and resource teams, business developers, and Corporate support staff to ensure each engagement stays on track, within budget and at the desired level of performance, while tending to the varying demands of each client engagement. Domain expertise and experience gained through managing projects/programs for leadership and management learning and development is desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Serves as the central point of contact for the client to manage the associated contracted services to be delivered for the duration of the engagements assigned.
- Provides continuity and consistency to the client over time and serves as the main communication link that handles all aspects of planning, scheduling, and the management of multiple, complex engagements. Keeps abreast of client engagement issues and seeks resolution appropriate to all parties.
- Follows the uniform and standard engagement process model that provides everyone, including the client, with a level playing field leveraging tools, templates, and checklists to maintain the quality of each project/contract as well as to speed completion.
- Ensures the overall quality of the interaction with each customer, the coordination of all aspects of delivery, and following Management Concepts standard quality control procedures in addition to any required by customers whether included in their contract or not.
- Provides effective and efficient project management to manage cost, schedule, and performance including;
- Acting as the dedicated project manager and working with the assigned project team
- Secure the project resources (Services and/or delivery resources) as required
- Manage to clear beginning and ending dates with quality and performance milestones along the way
- Participate in the sales and contracting process when any non-standard requirements or services are required
- Maintain complete and accurate records of client engagements
- Ensures management and client reporting requirements are met for each engagement
- Knowledge of all aspects of the services delivered for the division to which they are assigned, and whenever possible leverage all relationships to retain and grow company revenue through positive representation of Management Concepts in routine conversations with clients.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to plan, set priorities, coordinate, and manage a team with responsibility for a multiple client engagement projects of varying degrees of complexity
- Demonstrated ability to meet client expectations while adhering to corporate policies, practices, and processes
- Demonstrated ability to implement project/program management practices (change requests, issue management, risk management, decision tracking, cost tracking)
- Proven track record demonstrating good business judgment to improve processes, costs, and quality
- Keen attention to detail, time management and resiliency skills
- Excellent public communication skills
- Facilitate team and client meetings effectively
- Create and maintain required reports
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner
- Work with and present at the director level and higher
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills to build personal and professional trust
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA required; MA desired. Education in business, management or education-related field desired
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing projects; 2 in managing complex projects required
- Experience with commercial and government contracting processes
- Experience in learning and development industry desired
Management Concepts - 20 months ago