Who is SymphonyIRI?
Originally founded in 1979 as Information Resources, Inc. ( IRI), SymphonyIRI Group is the world’s leading innovative partner that helps clients transform insights into impact at every level of their organization. SymphonyIRI Group enables consumer packaged goods, retail and healthcare companies to drive growth by better understanding their business, their consumers, and the market. We do this by combining decades of professional experience with rich data sources, predictive analytics capabilities and a revolutionary technology platform called Liquid Data: http://www.vimeo.com/symphonyadvantage/liquiddata
Currently privately held, SymphonyIRI Group, Inc. serves as a holding company for the equity interests of SymphonyIRI shareholders. With our majority owner, New Mountain Capital LLC, we have secured the growth capital necessary to continue our transformational momentum. New Mountain Capital is a New York-based private equity firm that is committed to SymphonyIRI’s long-term investment philosophy and supports the company’s growth strategy. SymphonyIRI consists of seasoned, senior advisors who provide subject matter expertise to both CPG and retail firms.
As the originator and innovator of marketing insights, SymphonyIRI is evolving into a global provider of predictive, on-demand business insights applications. If you are driven to solve real world problems, are a dynamic leader and enjoy cultivating lasting partnerships with top executives from Fortune 500 companies, we want to speak with you.
The Client Insights, Analyst works very closely with our clients to produce ad hoc reports and presentations across strategic and tactical top-line applications. In this position, you will coordinate, execute, analyze, and present findings from a variety of research projects purchased by the client, as well as recommend potential action steps and additional research opportunities. To be successful in this role, one must demonstrate the ability to cut through data and issue clutter, and identify what information is most important to the client.
As a Client Insights, Analyst you will use strong analytical skills to consult with our client’s sales, category management and brand and trade marketing group. You will consult with our client on a full-range of SymphonyIRI Group services, including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects.
To be successful as a Client Insights, Analyst you must possess and be able to execute upon four key skill sets:
Analytic Capability: Use a systematic approach to solving problems that involve breaking it into smaller pieces, tracking the implications of situations, generating multiple alternatives, and making comparisons of potential solutions before taking action:
Quality Control: Drive to achieve high quality results through effective data integrity:
- Proactively identify, structure, and solve business issues, then determine information needed to solve the business issues
- Brings about successful resolution of high impact, complex, or chronic problems
- Consistently demonstrates innovative thinking when generating solution alternatives
Planning and Organizing: Determine effort and resources required to meet objectives; able to plan, coordinate and manage resources effectively to ensure task completion:
- Develops/approves standards/guidelines for detail orientation and quality
- Anticipates and plans for data and process problems and exception handling
- Identifies opportunities to improve systems to prevent problems or keep them from recurring
Client Focus: Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met:
- Plans for, organizes and coordinates work and resources to respond to data delivery requests and to ensure project goals and timelines are met
- Holds self and others accountable for meeting timeline and quality standards
- Ensures client requests are thoroughly understood by the project team and that solutions meet the client’s needs
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Help customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had
- Regularly and proactively communicate with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improving the relationship
- Demonstrates a strong desire to help customers make their business successful
- In addition to the above skills set, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- 3-5+ years of experience
- Marketing and/or sales with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods ( CPG) company
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications
- Experience with syndicated data
- Strong project management and process skills
- Able to engage in consultative manner with clients when helping solve/manage content deliverables
- Bachelor degree preferred
SymphonyIRI Group - 18 months ago