Who is SymphonyIRI?
Originally founded in 1979 as Information Resources, Inc. ( IRI), SymphonyIRI Group is the world’s leading innovative partner that helps clients transform insights into impact at every level of their organization. SymphonyIRI Group enables consumer packaged goods, retail and healthcare companies to drive growth by better understanding their business, their consumers, and the market. We do this by combining decades of professional experience with rich data sources, predictive analytics capabilities and a revolutionary technology platform called Liquid Data: http://www.vimeo.com/symphonyadvantage/liquiddata
Currently privately held, SymphonyIRI Group, Inc. serves as a holding company for the equity interests of SymphonyIRI shareholders. With our majority owner, New Mountain Capital LLC, we have secured the growth capital necessary to continue our transformational momentum. New Mountain Capital is a New York-based private equity firm that is committed to SymphonyIRI’s long-term investment philosophy and supports the company’s growth strategy. SymphonyIRI consists of seasoned, senior advisors who provide subject matter expertise to both CPG and retail firms.
As the originator and innovator of marketing insights, SymphonyIRI is evolving into a global provider of predictive, on-demand business insights applications. If you are driven to solve real world problems, are a dynamic leader and enjoy cultivating lasting partnerships with top executives from Fortune 500 companies, we want to speak with you.
What does SymphonyIRI do, and who do we serve?
At Symphony IRI, we work with over 95% of the Fortune Global 500 in CPG and retail, providing them with:
What will I do as a Client Insights Consultant?
- Market, consumer and shopper intelligence
- Retail Tracking information
- Online and offline marketing ROI strategy and effectiveness
- Predictive analytics and modeling
- Pricing, trade promotion and brand portfolio maximization
- Store level and merchandising insights
- Strategic consulting and thought leadership
As a Client Insights Consultant you will lead effective problem solving with the client and internal teams. You will work with the clients to apply/maximize insights gleaned from SymphonyIRI Group data including store data analysis, household purchase behavior analysis, surveys, audits, data modeling, in-market testing, and other custom projects.
The Client Insights Consultant serves as a passionate advocate for the client in advancing solutions that will best build the client’s long-term business. From time-to-time, this will involve advocating and "selling" in a highly charged environment. While exceeding revenue targets is important, success is equally measured by identifying opportunities to expand/extend projects, and exceptionally serving the client.
Why should I apply?
The Client Insights Consultant works as a strategic partner with a SymphonyIRI Group client by serving as a leader of this critical client relationship. In this position, you will apply consultative business skills to identify opportunities for SymphonyIRI to drive the client’s strategic vision. To be successful in this role, one must build a rapid rapport across functions within the SymphonyIRI Group organization and with key client contacts in Market Research, Marketing, Brand and Finance.
What are the responsibilities of a Client Insights Consultant?
To be successful as a Client Insights Consultant you must possess and be able to execute upon five key skill sets:
Advanced Analytic Skills: Demonstrate ability to analyze and interpret data and translate it into meaningful solutions for clients:
Consultative Selling: Apply knowledge of the business, industry and domain expertise to identify, create and close business opportunities:
- Approach client with coherent, actionable and fact-based data/recommendations appropriate to their business needs
- Continually provide analytical solutions and business insights to address any business gaps and/or opportunities and create value for the client
- Identify business issues and opportunities and suggests the appropriate level analytic solution/approach
Impactful Presence: Demonstrate strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills; present a professional image:
- Target and sell services that address unexpressed and underlying client needs; ask questions so as to identify the root causes of issues versus symptoms
- Ask questions to test assumptions and challenges the status quo
- Synthesize information on a variety of issues, translate the information into a project framework that ultimately provides solutions for clients
Client Focus: Consistently act with client satisfaction in mind and follow through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met:
- Become trusted by client, SymphonyIRI group client solutions teams, SymphonyIRI group cross functional organizations, SymphonyIRI group business partners and considered a domain expert and business partner
- Educate the client on analytic methods, shape their thinking and influence the decisions they make
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to communication; adapt messages quickly to the appropriate level or function with poise and polish
- Strong C-level presence
People Leadership: Build capability within the organization, setting high standards of performance for self and team:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements
- Help customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had
- Regularly and proactively communicate with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improving the relationship
- Should the role include Multi-Client Account Management: Successfully manage multiple deliverables or projects for multiple clients, Track and organize multiple work streams against multiple clients, and manage time and resources against changing priorities
What are the qualifications for a Client Insights, Consultant?
- Self motivated; serve as a role model of leadership in all situations
- Understand need for change and effectively manage it
- Proactively establish, support, and utilize SymphonyIRI group learning opportunities to develop self and team
- Provide timely and direct feedback and coaching to direct reports
- Inform and inspire others about SymphonyIRI’s vision and mission in order to promote understanding, elevate engagement and build loyalty with all team members
In addition to the above skills set, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- 7-10 progressive years of experience
- Marketing and sales with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods ( CPG) company
- Demonstrated expertise in translating data and analysis into relevant implications
- Experience with SymphonyIRI Group solutions ( CDM is preferable but not crucial)
- Financial management-manages to budget, understands account financial dynamics, suggests ways to be more efficient
- Proven ability to consult with clients to influence thinking and drive SymphonyIRI’s business agenda.
- Advanced degree preferred
SymphonyIRI Group - 24 months ago