Client Manager-Corporate Legal
Client Manager-Corporate Legal
, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
This field based sales position exists to protect, secure, and grow the revenue position of LexisNexis within corporate legal and compliance departments. This role will grow our revenue stream via expert client management, strategic deployment of resources (e.g., sales specialists, professional consultants, marketing, pricing, etc.), and spearheading the penetration of LN solutions within an assigned territory.|
1. Meet or exceed monthly and yearly revenue objectives
2. Develop strategic account plans for all customers in an assigned territory. This should include identifying sales retention and penetration strategies aimed at positioning LexisNexis as the superior source in meeting the potential buyers information needs to maximize revenue opportunities, using business analysis tools to identify and track revenue trends, recognize sales opportunities, target specific sales activities, and analyze competitive threats, managing and strategically deploying all resources necessary to secure the business, (i.e. sales specialists, consultants, technical and product support, marketing, pricing, etc.), developing key contacts and business relationships with influential individuals and high level decision makers.
3. Sell the value of LexisNexis to Corporate Legal and Compliance professionals within an assigned territory by articulating how our solutions meet their information needs. This will be accomplished through secure first appointments, advancing appointments, closing appointments, consulting sessions and group presentations. 4. Develop an in depth understanding of all LexisNexis corporate legal and compliance products and competitive products to articulate the benefits and advantages of LexisNexis products, and handle customer concerns or objections. 5. Develop an in depth understanding of litigation and compliance workflow to be able to effectively communicate with the customer about their business needs 6. Utilize all required processes, tools and systems including TAOP and Siebel 7. Other duties as assigned|
LexisNexis Legal & Professional (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content and technology solutions that enable professionals in legal, corporate, tax, government, academic and non-profit organizations to make informed decisions and achieve better business outcomes. As a digital pioneer, the company was the first to bring legal and business information online with its Lexis and Nexis services. Today, LexisNexis Legal & Professional harnesses leading-edge technology and world-class content, to help professionals work in faster, easier and more effective ways. Through close collaboration with its customers, the company ensures organizations can leverage its solutions to reduce risk, improve productivity, increase profitability and grow their business. Part of Reed Elsevier, LexisNexis Legal & Professional serves customers in more than 100 countries with 10,000 employees worldwide. LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
1. Bachelors degree or equivalent experience, JD is a plus
2. 5-7 years proven business to business solution sales experience, preferably with complex products or solutions and selling into the legal market
3. Solid strategic account planning and penetration skills
4. In depth legal industry knowledge and the ability to quickly develop an in depth understanding of LN products and services
5. Experience working as part of a team in a highly complex matrixed corporate environment
6. Understanding and expertise in computer hardware and software including Windows XP, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and the Internet.
7. Executive level communication and presentation skills
8. Documented history of sales overachievement
9. Deep understanding of Strategic Selling (TAOP, Miller Heiman, etc), Value selling, Team Selling, and CRM systems (Siebel is preferred)
10. Strong time management, organizational and forecasting skills
11. Strong business acumen to understand the impact of your decisions on the territory performance as measured by revenue, profit and customer measures.
12. Executive presence to convince customers to purchase LN products and services.
13. Politically savvy to understand and manage the power relationships in the LN organization and in other organizations/firms. Includes the ability to identify the real decision makers and key influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
14. Ability to lift or carry laptop and collateral sales materials of approximately 25 pounds.
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Quarterly 401K Match
• Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Two Paid Volunteer Days
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Employee Assistance Program
• Health Spending, Flexible Spending & Commuter Spending Accounts
The Research & Litigations Solutions business of LexisNexis serves the information and workflow needs in the U.S. of professionals in legal, government, corporate and academic markets. Legal and information professionals rely on expansive LexisNexis® content and tools when researching case law, developing a litigation strategy, planning depositions as well as researching companies and individuals and tracking and analyzing news events. Major lines of business include Litigation Solutions, Practice Area Solutions and Business Insight Solutions as well as flagship Research Solutions.
Finding legal, business, or scientific information is a cinch thanks to Reed Elsevier Group. The company's LexisNexis brand offers...