This role is significant in level and integral to executing initiatives to grow profitability of a consulting business and provide innovative retirement benefit consulting services to Corporate clients in the Northeast. The individual will step into a client and revenue management role and be assigned to support existing clients with accountability for servicing and growing a book of business plus play a role in new business efforts across key vertical markets. The role provides high visibility in working closely with Corporate leadership and senior colleagues, and the opportunity to hone/develop business leadership and strategic planning/implementation skills. |
The person we seek demonstrates deep understanding of employee benefit retirement service offerings along with a broad understanding of the HR consulting practices that support client expansion (e.g., Communications, Health & Welfare, Human Capital, etc.). This person will have command of the consulting issues facing corporate retirement plan sponsors and be skilled on the actuarial requirements needed to oversee client deliverables. The role includes, but is not limited to the following:
An graduate degree and 7-10 years of retirement plan experience within a consulting and/or professional services environment; broad-based expertise in retirement benefit plans to include plan design, funding, regulatory and administration aspects; demonstrated experience and success in managing client relationships either on a primary or secondary basis; experience in and/or interest to lead/participate in business development activities; large and/or complex project management experience; proficiency in the use of related software and computer tools; demonstrated success as a relationship builder/collaborator with effective communication skills (oral/written); ability to travel to meet clients and prospects throughout the Northeast.
- Leading and participating in new business development and revenue growth initiatives in the Corporate market through both the expansion of services on current clients plus efforts to secure new relationships along verticals and key industry focus areas.
- Supporting the delivery of high quality retirement plan services to clients.
- Providing technical oversight and the consulting approach for typical retirement assignments including, reviewing, preparing funding/solvency/accounting valuations, ALM and funding strategies, forecast valuations, acquisitions, new group studies, terminating group studies, and plan design strategies.
- Often leading the delivery and presentation of complex information to clients and working with them to develop retirement solutions to fit their needs.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships at senior levels within client organizations that goes beyond the consulting assignment and serves the purpose of establishing a true partnership with the Company.
- Providing technical expertise to colleagues and clients as needed and contributing to the overall professional growth and development of the market.
The Segal Group, Inc. - 11 months ago