Works closely with brokers, correspondents and account executives. Must have ability to quickly review loan files for accuracy and completeness, advise the AE as to viability of loan at first glance and then must acquire necessary information to obtain loan decisions. Timely accurate system updates and communication with all parties concerned to achieve a best in class customer experience. Assist AE in maintaining customer relationships. Answers questions about loan programs, pricing, website usage, scenarios, and loan process. Manages pipeline with AE through use of daily reports to ensure loans are active and rates are locked per policy. Successfully navigates the loan files from imaging to closing including collection of outstanding loan conditions and clearing of conditions per CCA authority.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide support to newly approved Brokers and Correspondents on how to successfully submit files to EB. Works with existing Brokers to provide remedial training as needed. Provides feedback on loan packaging, RESPA and loan quality.
• Provides the central communication link with the client to spearhead problem solving and to minimize loan processing times. Also provides and facilitates the communication link between the client and the Underwriting department.
• Collect, verify and analyze all documentation required for submitting files to Underwriting
• Responsible for communicating underwriting conditions to both the borrowers as well as the loan originator
• Must be able to process multiple files within pipeline, all at different stages of the approval process Take
responsibility from start to finish of all files within pipeline.
• Clearing of basic underwriting conditions per CCA authority.
• Ordering/reviewing Fraud Guard, 411.com, Real Quest, Google
• Completing Appraisal validation, FHA appraisal logging, data integrity scrubs
• Communicates with brokers and correspondents to facilitate the movement of the loan files through the ROC acting as liaison to branch operations in resolution of problems.
• Conducts regular outbound calls to brokers to facilitate pushing the loans through the system (e.g. following up on missing docs and conditions).
• Generally expected to handle a pipeline that can close at least 75 units per month to a maximum of 125 units per month.
• Manages daily pipeline report, calls out on loan status (i.e. locks expiring, loans not yet received, conditions not yet received. Initiates loan termination after 60 days of inactivity. Follows up on all suspended and countered loans.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
• Must hold general understanding of all the areas of the mortgage industry. Must have knowledge of Conventional Financing. FHA/VA a plus
• General working understanding of closing and title procedures
• Must have working understanding of all Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
• Must have full working knowledge of the appearance of all conventional processing forms
• Good communication skills with ability to multi task with internal staff, outside AE and 3rd party originator
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail with ability to function in a fast pace, stressful environment
• Strong leadership skills and ability to prioritize
• Basic computer skills
Training and Experience
• College degree required or equivalent mortgage experience
• 4 years of mortgage experience with experience in processing
• Customer service, problem resolution skills
• Complete and pass in house CCA training
Pre-Employment Screening Includes:
• Credit Check
• Criminal Background Check
• Drug Screen – after offer of employment is extended and before start date
• Past Employment Verification
• Social Security Verification