Client Relationship Manager
Full Time Employee
University/College Bachelor's Degree
2 to 3 Years Experience
The IBISWorld Opportunity:
IBISWorld is growing. Fast. And to keep up with our rapid growth, we're looking to build on our biggest strength: our people.
IBISWorld is a global company with offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Sydney, Melbourne and Beijing. We are the world's largest publisher of industry research. Our success has created abundant opportunity and we're looking for the best and brightest to join us as we continue to expand our operations across America.
Our mission is to be the premier provider of high value-added information to the largest and most influential enterprises in the nations where we operate. We do this while maintaining a culture where people are passionate about their work and are surrounded by like-minded, intelligent achievers. Your mission is to find out how you can be a part of our progression and innovation.
Since our inception in the United States, we've grown to a multimillion-dollar business, making us one of the fastest-growing small businesses in the United States. We believe that IBISWorld offers a great opportunity for people who share our vision of delivering great value for our customers and for ourselves. We are looking for people who want more than a job – people who are seeking a career. You'll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries, find out what you're really capable of, work with and learn from smart people and enjoy a journey where you will be part of building a world-class organization.
We are seeking energetic Client Relationship Managers (CRM) with at least 2-3 years of experience in account management, inside sales, client service or similar job roles. The employee will manage and grow an existing book of business. The CRM will provide proactive service to ensure that we assist clients in using our data to help their businesses succeed and will be responsible for all account management activities. The CRM will liaise with business owners, managers and procurement departments to renew client contracts and will maximize revenue growth by uncovering new opportunities and by pursuing areas where other IBISWorld products meet the client's needs. This full-time position is based in our New York, NY office located at 40 Wall Street.
Job Responsibilities Include:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Proactively call new and existing clients to maintain & build relationships within the company.
- Develop new contacts within your client base to spread awareness of our services.
- Utilize various marketing tools to keep our contacts informed about IBISWorld's services.
- Develop knowledge of products through internal trainings and conversations with clients.
- Research and understand each client's business to identify new opportunities.
- Handle incoming client requests; problem solving as necessary.
- Log and track opportunities and activities using Salesforce.com.
- Contribute to internal discussions and brain-storming sessions.
- Negotiate and renew client contracts to meet and exceed revenue goals.
All applicants must be authorized for employment in the US and be available to work in our New York, NY office. IBISWorld does not pay relocation costs.
- 2-3 years of experience in account management, inside sales, client service, or similar job roles.
- Bachelor's Degree from accredited college/university.
- Strong verbal (i.e. phone) and written communication skills.
- Experience calling on corporate managers and executives.
- Ability to handle a large and diverse client portfolio.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team player mentality.
- Ability to work cooperatively with various internal departments.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work and think independently when necessary.
- Knack for balancing workloads to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Access a plus but not req.).
- Ability to travel domestically for occasional client visits and events as necessary.
No phone calls please. IBISWorld is an equal opportunity employer.
IBISWorld, the world's leading publisher of global economic and industry research to banking, financial and professional service firms and...