Description and Qualifications
The Transamerica companies offer a wide array of innovative financial services and products with a common purpose: to help individuals, families, and businesses build, protect and preserve their hard-earned assets. With more than a century of experience, we have built a strong reputation on solid management, sound decisions and consumer confidence. The Transamerica companies are wholly-owned subsidiaries of AEGON N.V., an international life insurance, pension, and asset management company based in The Hague, the Netherlands. AEGON has businesses in over twenty markets in the Americas, Europe and Asia serving over 40 million customers across the globe.For more information, visit
Transamerica's Life & Protection (L&P) division provides operations, information technology, legal, marketing, and finance support to internal agents and independent producers who market the companies' life insurance, health insurance, long-term care insurance, marketing services, and investment products. We are committed to enhancing financial results through creativity, innovation, risk management, and service while treating our policyholders, employees, and other customers with integrity and respect. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program, and the opportunity for professional growth and advancement.
Client Relationship Managers are the lifeline between our organization and our sales force. It is up to the Client Relationship Manager to know the issues, communicate them succinctly and accurately to internal and external customers and departments, and follow them through to resolution. The Client Relationship Manager is truly viewed as the "face" of the company. Client Relationship Managers must not only maintain a strong and trusting relationship with clients they are the driver ensuring we provide superior customer service when establishing new or implementing changes within existing cases. They also need to have solid support from the co-workers they rely upon to ensure client satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact between the agent, and client ensuring that all of their needs are met and following up to ensure the account is handled from inception to delivery of first bill.
- Assist Producers and Regional Sales staff with developing new and existing clients.
- Consult with brokers on how to do business with TEB (including but not limited to: Account set up, electronic enrollment options, group submission, contracting and initial billing).
- Provide training on TEB products and enrollment options.
- Primary point of contact for assisting Regional Sales staff and Producers with group information (i.e. renewal information, re-enrollment reports, missing information reports, rates and case set up forms).
- Facilitate the contract and licensing process for new agents.
- Organize Producer Home Office visits.
- Conduct enrollment and product training for enrollments onsite as necessary.
- Review all Case documents for completeness and accuracy. Identify missing or incomplete data working with the broker to resolve any training issues, outstanding or missing items.
- Facilitate Implementation call with Broker, Client, Implementations Specialist and Billing representatives to document and gather Case specific information.
- Provide updates and reports on performance as well as following up with customers and business partners as needed.
- Work in partnership with the other business segments in troubleshooting and resolving account issues, audits and rate or premium discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate client files, utilizing AWD workflows and EIS.
- Utilize CRM (Client Relationship Manager) software and other reporting mechanisms to keep track of weekly calls, sales and production.
- Review agent and enroller licensing data, work with Contract and Licensing on exception processes.
- Initiate employer set up on EIS (Employer Information System) to generate ER number; handing over completed Case documentation to Implementation Specialists for specific product and electronic builds.
- Process and communicate Broker of Record changes as received/notified.
- Maintain established department service standards as well as maintains confidentiality of information as appropriate.
- Communicate, on both a written and verbal basis with a cross-section of stakeholders including brokers, management, enrollers, employers and clients, and other internal departments.
- Other duties as assigned based on divisional needs.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, instruction, and all safety rules.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 1 year minimum insurance experience in enrollment or sales and marketing role required.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills required.
- Excellent attention to detail, project management and organizational skills required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to learn additional software applications as needed required.
- 2+ years’ insurance experience in enrollment or sales and marketing role preferred.
- Arkansas Life and Health License highly preferred.
- Worksite Marketing and Products knowledge preferred.
Performance Skills -
- This position is located in an office clerical environment.
- Some travel required (approx 30%).
- High-energy environment requiring self-motivated and outgoing individual with the ability to work well under pressure and adapt to diverse situations.
- Adherence to AEGON’s Code of Conduct, Information Security Standards and any other published practices, policies and guidelines is a requirement of the position.
COMMUNICATION: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or clients; listen well.
CUSTOMER FOCUS: Able to build strong working relationships with internal and/or external customers; identify unexpressed customer needs and potential products/services to meet those needs; independently anticipate and meet customer needs; prioritize work in alignment with the needs of the customer; use customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
DECISIVENESS & JUDGMENT: Able to demonstrate good judgment in routine, day-to-day decisions; make decisions and take action, even in non-routine situations; make reasonably quick decisions when necessary even with incomplete information; consider impact of various options when making decisions; use good judgment in deciding whether to make a decision or escalate it.
ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS: Able to act in accordance with organizational culture; understand how own work assignment affects others in the organization; use an awareness of formal and informal decision-making channels to achieve desired results; know when to bring an issue, problem, or decision to someone higher up in the organization; navigate through the organization to get needed information.
RESULTS ORIENTATION: Able to demonstrate high personal work standards and a sense of urgency about results; do everything possible to meet goals and deadlines; persist in the face of repeated challenges; accept responsibility for the outcomes of his/her own work.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please follow the online application process. Be sure to fully complete the form and include your resume. If you experience technical problems during the application process, please email
Equal Employment Opportunity
Transamerica Life Insurance Company (Realty Advisors, LLC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of age, religion, sex, gender identity, genetic information, race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, participation in the uniformed services (e.g. U.S. Armed Forces, National Guard), physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local equal employment opportunities laws. Applicants with physical or mental disabilities may be entitled to a form of reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state and local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will insure equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Transamerica Companies. Please inform the Human Resources department if you need assistance completing any forms, or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Client Services & Management
Transamerica.com - 16 months ago