This position will prov ide outstanding service to clients, exceeding their expectations, with the goal of supporting, maintaining and expanding client relationships by engaging clients in a mutually beneficial partnership with Russell. This goal is achieved by delivering analytical and client servicing support as a member of a team dedicated to supplying institutional investment-related services to defined benefit, defined contribution, and endowment and foundation clients. This position is responsible for investment/manager/portfolio related analysis, asset-liability and allocation projects, and client service support connected with the coordination and delivery of advice on plan governance (objective setting, asset allocation, investment policy), implementation, manager evaluation, and performance monitoring.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Deliver proactive and reactive analytical and client service support to senior members of the team (Senior Client Executives) as well as directly to clients and/or Consultants. Analyses include creating, updating and coordinating quarterly investment reviews, presentations and client communication materials using proprietary Russell models, Excel and other pertinent software. Also design and create customized analyses and responses to ad-hoc client inquiries.
- Monitor and assist with comprehensive investment policy review and development, investment implementation/rebalancing, performance reporting and evaluation, asset allocation/asset liability work and verbal and written communication to clients pertaining to fund information or other client requests, projects or needs.
- Serve as back-up for senior members of the team (Senior Client Executives) including direct client interaction via email, telephone and in person. Conduct and participate in meetings as appropriate.
- Collaborate with other analysts in the assessment of fund managers and structures, participate in the development of new products to meet client needs, work with senior members of the team (Senior Client Executives) to ensure clients are aware of new products and other Russell developments.
- Conduct client employee education meetings and seminars when applicable.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, and Investment/Actuarial, Mathematics or related area required. MBA and CFA preferred.
- FINRA, Series 7 and 63 required, or to be obtained within 90 days.
- 5 years investment related experience such as market/economic impacts, investment analysis, or other related financial area.
- 4 years direct client service experience, knowledge of asset allocation theory and modeling and performance measurement, and research capability particularly as it relates to managers or a market niche.
- Strong business acumen.
- High energy; strong level of initiative; highly organized with strong attention to detail; ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong verbal and written communication and relationship skills; computer proficiency including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.