Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
This role performs wide array of client account administration activities, partnering regularly with various BWA business areas. Work is generally completed at the direction of senior members of the sales team or in response to client requests.
Person Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Manage account opening process for new and existing clients. This includes collecting account-specific information and recording data via account-opening system, retrieving relevant executed documentation from clients and ensuring compliance with regulatory procedures including Know Your Customer protocols.
- Perform array of client administration activities including fund disbursements, subscriptions and redemptions for managed products, facilitating performance reporting, etc. Act as a key point of contacts for client operational matters.
- Review client account activity on a daily basis to ensure overall accuracy, proper settlement of transactions and reconciliation of sales credits and fees.
- Execute transactions in diverse products as needed; includes mastering product-specific applications, ensuring completion of necessary trade documentation and timely execution reporting to clients.
- Provides direction and reviews the work of more junior staff.
- Complete ad hoc, client-related projects at direction of sales team as needed.
- 2 + years total work experience; experience in financial services and/or a client-facing role preferred.
- Series 7 & 66 required
- Able to manage own time effectively, prioritize workload to meet needs of business, and can answer more complex questions that arise.
- Has good command of processes, applications and techniques required to carry out own role effectively.
- Has a good understanding of the business
- Has a working knowledge of the products we offer our clients.
- Is able to transfer technical knowledge to junior team members.
Barclays Capital - 13 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...