What will I do as a Client Service Consultant?
- Provide superior service leadership through exceptional management of all aspects of content delivery for client; including Client Satisfaction measurements as well.
- Accountable for building rapid rapport with key client contacts and across functions within the highly matrixed IRI organization.
- Responsible for ensuring flawless and timely delivery of all restatements and seeking improvements in data quality.
- Looks for opportunities to increase client satisfaction with database reporting related to continuous updates within the databases including new item additions, executive level reporting analysis and provide greater efficiency .
- Lead effective problem solving with client and internal teams.
- Manage client services team to ensure project requirements are successfully executed.
- Lead presentations that deliver insightful, strategic, and actionable answers for clients.
- Create indispensable, long-term, solution-focused consultative partnerships; Establish trust based on demonstrated commitment to quality and service.
- Coordinate client solutions across multiple IRI functions ( i.e., CI, Analytics, Technology Consulting, etc.).
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews and team leadership/development meetings.
- Provide leadership on finding efficiencies across the team ( ways to enhance service excellence, improve client satisfaction, cost savings, productivity, etc.).
- Identify and develop new service opportunities with client contacts.
- Suggest creative techniques, tools, and processes to improve all aspects of client and team performance.
- US-based advocate for GOC and client advocate of key delivery work.
What are the responsibilities of a Client Service Consultant?
To be successful as a Client Service Consultant you must possess and be able to execute upon five key skill sets:
1. Process/Solution Optimization- Owns all delivery processes; establishes standards and monitors use of processes to ensure consistent use across US and GOC resources .
- Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of processes; identifies areas to improve processes; challenges team to refine or change processes to boost effectiveness/efficiency .
- Identifies opportunities to improve processes; pro-actively implements improvements and changes within their control; creates business case for wider implementation of improvements .
- Monitors metrics to ensure delivery standards are being met; identifies potential risks of falling below standards and makes suggestions to mitigate risks .
- Utilizes technology and systems to maximum benefit .
- Monitors systems, delivery and efficiency on and across dedicated teams/accounts including geographically distributed and GOC resources .
2. Service Excellence- Ensures delivery on all client commitments; removes internal barriers to delivery .
- Monitors and measures client satisfaction; develops overall client satisfaction goals, measures and metrics; measures against them on regular basis; develops plans and strategies to address any gaps; addresses escalated delivery issues .
- Ensures IRI has capability to deliver at highest established performance standards .
- Monitors and measures efficiency of delivery; develops delivery standards; ensures consistent standard of delivery where/when appropriate; approves non-standard delivery; creates delivery risk management plans .
- Reviews cost of delivery; monitors cost and efficiency of delivery .
- Understands industry best practices, compares performance metrics to outside sources to ensure industry competitiveness; leverages and implements best practices to all elements of service delivery .
3. Client Focus - Consistently acts with client satisfaction in mind and follows through on commitments to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- Develops and maintains a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements.
- Helps customers identify solutions to problems they did not know they had.
- Demonstrates a strong desire to help customers make their business successful.
- Makes decisions that reflect a commitment to IRI’s long-term success even when there is a short-term disadvantage for own area.
- Develops a partnership approach and maintains long-term mutually beneficial relationships with client-facing teams.
- Regularly and proactively communicates with the client-facing teams, including soliciting feedback to continually improve the relationship.
4. Analytic Capability - Uses a systematic approach to solving problems that involves breaking it into smaller pieces, tracking the implications of situations, generating multiple alternatives, and making comparisons of potential solutions before taking action.
What are the qualifications for a Client Service Consultant?
In addition to the above skills set, the ideal candidate must possess the following:
- 6-8 years progressive years of experience
- Experience working with a premier Consumer Packaged Goods ( CPG) company
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex client deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience within the CPG industry using syndicated POS/panel data.
- Strong analytic and quantitative abilities, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build and leverage mutually beneficial relationships and networks internally.
- Demonstrated resiliency and sound judgment in dealing with business and corporate challenges.
- Demonstrated planning, leadership, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of client issues.
- Ability and willingness to recognize and respond to client needs from a service perspective.
- Experience with IRI solutions ( CDM is preferable but not crucial)
- Manages to budget, understands account financial dynamics, suggests ways to be more efficient
- Proven ability to consult with clients to influence thinking and drive IRI’s business agenda.
- Advanced degree preferred
IRI is a leader in delivering powerful market and shopper information, predictive analysis and the foresight that leads to action. We go beyond the data to ignite extraordinary growth for our clients in the CPG, retail and over-the-counter healthcare industries by pinpointing what matters and illuminating how it can impact their businesses across sales and marketing.
IRI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
Image Recognition Integrated Systems (IRIS), a Belgian company founded in 1987 and listed on Euronext Brussels (IRI), is a leader in the...