Brown and Caldwell’s Desert Area (Phoenix or Tucson) is looking for a strategic Business Development/Client Service Manager with an established track record of marketing, winning, and executing projects and programs in the private sector. The accomplished and achieving Client Service Manager (CSM) is highly recognized and regarded in Brown and Caldwell and would be responsible for managing and growing environmental work in the private sector. Characteristics of the CSM include the proven ability to generate and sustain significant revenue from environmental, water resource, and engineering projects in Arizona, in the Desert Southwest, and nationally if your clients so dictate. Clients might occur in the mining, industrial, commercial, or governmental sectors.
The candidate will maintain and expand their exceptional relationships with local clients. The candidate will have the ability to navigate and align the client organization with BC’s Team of experts and resources, provide oversight on technical assignments, ensure profitable performance and superior quality, and exceed client expectations.
The first year incremental sales target should be $1M net revenue or greater. The appropriate utilization target, depending on booked new business achievement, ranges from 25% to 40%
- Develop client service plans in conformance with company vision and goals
- Drive client sales and service
- Identify and commit to achievable and sustainable goals in alignment with company’s strategy and business plan
- Participate in base business, growth, sales, and planning process for the company
- Identify business investment opportunities and manage priorities
- Lead commitment to non-financial goals, such as:
- Leverage across company for marketing, project delivery, and support systems (staffing, quality assurance)
- Ensure quality, client service, clarity of work product and projects.
- Focus on investment decisions (use capital and resources to highest competitive advantage)
- Promote and support technical systems improvements driven by company initiatives
- Promote companywide initiatives and values
- Assistance in recruiting staff to maintain growth – this includes:
- Identification of key performers who will help increase capabilities to correlate with the market
- Advise on career development of staff - identify high potential performers/leaders
- Minimum of 10 years experience in environmental work for industry with progressive responsibilities including marketing and business development
- Track record of success bringing in profitable assignments for substantial clients and building key target client accounts
- Ability to properly scope new business opportunities – this includes:
- Identifying opportunities
- Making critical decisions on whether or not to pursue the opportunities
- Developing strategic plans to win pursuits
- Identifying the best teaming partners
- Ability to discern new markets and help develop plans for getting work in these areas – this includes:
- Understanding skills needed
- Comparing skills needed with current BC capabilities
- Identifying personnel to recruit to help capture these markets
- Ability to motivate others and lead teams to implement business plans for project and client pursuits
- Ability to oversee preparation of key proposals
- BS engineering or science related discipline preferred
- PE or PG license or related professional registration preferred
For more than 60 years, Brown and Caldwell has been creating leading-edge environmental solutions for public agencies and private industry....