Please note: Your application to this job will be a direct email to an Ameriprise recruiter. When you apply, simply submitting an email address does not mean you've applied. Please, ensure you complete the entire application process to be considered a candidate. If you are having difficulty applying for this job or you're leveraging a free email account (ie: gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) please email your resume directly to email@example.com.
Step into an instrumental role in a growing team. Help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced—and friendly—financial planning office. Work as an employee of an independent advisor franchisee with a financial advisory practice of Ameriprise Financial. Assist in daily business operations.
Assist financial advisor and associate financial advisor in managing and organizing office work flow with an emphasis on creating and delivering a unique client experience that defines and differentiates the practice. This position will consistently follow high standards of business and professional ethics and legal and regulatory requirements when dealing with others and/or performing work activities.
This role provides client relationship support through interacting directly with clients to ensure accurate account set up and through acting as a liaison to answer client questions. The role will also perform other practice management tasks relating to client service as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects and/or manages business-as-usual projects such as organizing a client seminar.
Responsibilities and Time Allocation – Will change over time to meet the needs of the practice and can include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
60% Business Management
40% Client Care
- Prepare correspondence for advisor signature.
- Copy and follow-up with home office on related issues.
- Schedule client appointments and prepare agendas and forms for appointments.
- Conduct client appointment reminder calls and check-in calls on follow up items.
- Answer questions and provide readily available information to clients, if requested and as allowable, as it relates to servicing their accounts.
- Work with home office to ensure accurate account setup and resolve issues.
- Order supplies and other office related items.
- Manage equipment and facilities including equipment maintenance and cleaning service contracts.
- Review work methods and procedures for possible quality improvements and efficiencies; implement them when appropriate.
- Manage the flow of wholesalers in the office. Submit/track any invoices for agreed upon payments.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with the records retention policy.
- Perform other allowable duties as assigned by the financial advisor, associate financial advisor, and paraplanner.
Key Traits of a Successful Client Service Manager
- Greet clients upon arrival.
- Set up and maintain client management system.
- Call clients or prospects to set up meetings or appointments.
- Write notes or letters to clients on personal letterhead of administrative nature only and handle client appreciation.
- Coordinate client appreciation events and seminars.
- Answer unsolicited calls from prospects to schedule appointments or refer to advisor.
- Review and respond to emails as necessary.
Education and Other Designations:
- Direct attention to detail and organization.
- Team player.
- Effective communication with clients and other advisors/staff.
- Effective and efficient time management.
- Polite and clear phone manner.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adhere to rules and regulations as stated and required by advisor, Ameriprise Financial and FINRA.
- Ability to support and provide guidance for compliance within the advisor’s practice.
- Positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- College degree or higher.
- 2+ years of similar experience.
- Federal and state licenses and registrations for securities, including Series 7, Series 66, and State life, accident and health insurance licenses would be beneficial, but are not required.
Monster - 15 months ago
It's no surprise that Ameriprise Financial is a leading provider of financial advice. The company offers financial planning, products,...