The Medical Group Business Services Department (MGBS) is responsible for the billing and collection of our providers' fees and for dealing with various billing issues.
The Client Service Manager is the primary liaison between department clients and the central physician billing office: Medical Group Business Services (MGBS); they provide analytic support, problem solving and communication with client departments on all matters pertaining to physician billing. Each CSM is assigned clients within the School of Medicine. CSMs partner with each other in a team environment, where sharing of resources, information, and best practices is encouraged and essential. CSMs aid us in achieving improved results in such ways as increased cash collections, reduced accounts receivable, and reduced bad debt. They develop and produce reports utilizing data warehouse, APeX (a.k.a. EPIC), and other reporting tools, do in depth accounts receivable trending and analysis to suggest remediation, perform detailed audits to ensure billing efficiencies and perform other duties as assigned. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
Successful candidates will have a track record of accomplishment, excellent communication skills, healthcare revenue cycle experience or equivalent educational background, and proven quantitative and analytical skills. Specific knowledge skills and abilities required include the following:
• BA/BS with a major in a related field
• Communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Enjoy partnering with others in order to resolve issues
• Analysis - Problem-solving and analytical mind-set. Four years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Healthcare Experience – one to two years in a professional fee billing office or related health care experience; knowledge of various healthcare funding sources (e.g. Medicare, PPO, HMO, etc.)
• Technical – Expert in spreadsheet applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Presentation – Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above/below shoulder height, lifting over 60 lbs., lifting over 20 lbs. above waist, carrying over 60 lbs., pushing over 60 lbs., pulling over 60 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple grasp, power grasp, repetitive hand/arm us,; may be exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes or gases, chemicals or toxic substances; ability to differentiate color, verbal communication.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
Hands on” experience doing physician billing;
• Solid understanding of billing requirements for each major payor type;
• Understanding of medical terminology;
• Experience with reporting and data warehouse tools (e.g. SQL, Cognos, etc.);
• An in-depth knowledge of compliance and applicable local, county, state and federal regulations;
• One to two years’ experience in a professional fee billing office;
• Master’s Degree in Health Care or business-related field
University of California San Francisco - 6 months ago