The Medical Group Business Services Department (MGBS) is responsible for the billing and collection of our providers' fees and for dealing with various billing issues.
The Client Service Manager is the primary liaison between department clients and Medical Group Business Services (MGBS); they provide analytic support, problem solving and communication with client departments on all matters pertaining to physician billing. They develop and produce reports utilizing data warehouse, SQL and other reporting tools, do in depth accounts receivable trending and analysis to suggest remediation, perform detailed audits to ensure billing efficiencies and perform other duties as assigned. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a related field and four years of experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Knowledge of various healthcare funding sources (e.g. Medicare, PPO, HMO, etc.);
• Proven analytical skills;
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of computer operations (i.e. typing, Microsoft Word, Excel,);
• Ability to work independently on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching above/below shoulder height, lifting over 60 lbs., lifting over 20 lbs. above waist, carrying over 60 lbs., pushing over 60 lbs., pulling over 60 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple grasp, power grasp, repetitive hand/arm us,; may be exposed to loud noise, dust, fumes or gases, chemicals or toxic substances; ability to differentiate color, verbal communication.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
Hands on” experience doing physician billing;
• Solid understanding of billing requirements for each major payor type;
• Understanding of medical terminology;
• Experience with reporting and data warehouse tools (e.g. SQL, Cognos, etc.);
• An in-depth knowledge of compliance and applicable local, county, state and federal regulations;
• One to two years’ experience in a professional fee billing office;
• Master’s Degree in Health Care or business-related field
University of California San Francisco - 22 months ago