JOB TITLE: Client Service Representative
REPORTS TO: Gary DeBoer
DIVISION: Horton Benefit Express/Speciality Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION - Summary
The Client Service Representative provides assistance to Producers and Account Executives in the handling of new and renewal business and is responsible for assisting clients with service and claim needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Handle client, account management, and insurer service requests while maintaining a concern for timeliness and completeness of information
- Ensure all submissions including applications are complete, accurate and meet company requirements and follow-up of any incomplete items
- Select markets, develop quotes, prepare spreadsheets and proposal package, and handle most aspects of account marketing without assistance.
- Perform 30 day follow-up to be sure new policies, rewrites and plan changes have been processed and new ID cards, correct billing statements, certificates and administration materials have been received by client
- Assist clients with claim resolution
- Know and follow procedure manual and HBS Checklists
-- Provide phone backup to Account Executives and Producers
- Handle and process enrollment and Cobra issues requested by client.
- Build and revise benefit portal websites. Keep abreast on vendor pieces and products available
- Perform other duties as requested, including exercising discretion and judgment prioritizing workload
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A college degree is desirable or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have 2+ years benefit experience and working knowledge and understanding of insurance coverages and carrier products
- Life and Health License
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Fast paced multiple tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
- Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
- Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
- Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
- Travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing job duties.
- Lift and carry objects up to 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supercedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.
Horton Group - 18 months ago