Client Services Coordinator
The Client Services Coordinator is primarily responsible for providing continuous coordination of services for victims seeking services with the HRM. This position is responsible for welcoming and orienting new residents to the program, providing crisis intervention and safety planning, developing an intervention strategy, support system, and connection to programs. Offsite visits are part of the job. This position is also responsible for contact center coverage on the 24 hour hotline.
- Provide comprehensive coordination of services for a caseload of approximately 15 participants referred from HRM 24 hour hotline and other HRM departments. Work with participants to make introductory contact within 24 hours of receiving case assignments, provide a thorough assessment of needs through a modified bio-psycho-social assessment, create a comprehensive service plan with timeline for completion, coordinate with internal and external providers of services, and follow up with participants after closing of case file.
- Assess safety needs, make recommendations for action to improve or maintain safety.
- Gathers and synthesize information on participant from agency sources and from significant recent and current community support systems.
- Work with participants to develop an ECO-Map, clearly identifying support people in the participant’s life and how they might contribute to the participant achieving goals.
- Guide and support participants to increase self-sufficiency skills, safety, education on domestic violence, and problem solving. Educate participants on self-advocacy skills and advocate on behalf of participants when necessary to achieve participant goals.
- Maintain paper and electronic case files in keeping with program standards.
- Assist Program Manager and Director in compiling necessary statistical data and narrative for grant reports and applications. Assess participant’s mental health and substance abuse needs, make recommendations for further treatment and coordinate a plan for addressing those needs.
- Coordinate participant’s use of agency and community services to provide comprehensive and unduplicated services that maximize client success, including organizing team meetings as necessary.
- Visit participants in home environments that have been determined to be safe.
- Participate in Client Services Team meetings and makes recommendations concerning individual participant’s eligibility for financial assistance and expected termination date from the program.
- Assist participants in planning for exit from program, including connecting residents with other agency services and outside local resources.
- Provide admissions screening for participants seeking to enter HRM Residential programs and makes recommendations for admissions decisions, including placement assistance for Risk One clients who may require emergency shelter.
- Educate residents on community and agency resources and helps make connections to said resources. Shares resources with Client Services team.
- Provide one on one counseling for participants in crisis and to help participants resolve conflict.
- Distribute material goods in accordance with program procedure such as clothing, bus tokens, and personal hygiene supplies.
- Provide relief and back-up coverage in emergency and urgent situations if required.
- Answer 24 hour hotline as part of Contact Center staffing.
- Bachelors degree in human services field or five years experience providing counseling, case management, or client centered advocacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence.
- Knowledge of local human services programs/ agencies and housing resources.
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills with a strong ability to relate to a diverse range of individuals including victims, children, donors, business leaders, human service providers, and donors.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and timelines.
- Clean driving record, current state driver’s license, and reliable personal transportation.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check.
House of Ruth Maryland - 14 months ago