We believe in delivering quality products, services and support. Our Client Services team has worked hard to establish an exceptional reputation. We're looking for people who can make us even better.
About the Role
As a Client Services Engineer you will work with Software Engineers and Operations staff at leading organizations, both small and large, around the globe.
You are someone with a software engineering and/or systems administration background that is looking for a new challenge. You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting. You will be investigating complex issues that may never have been seen before. Digging in to source code or evaluating a network stack to understand how things work, or why they dont, sounds fun to you.
Above all, you are an enthusiastic team player who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
We are specifically looking for people in the US Mountain and Pacific timezones. This is a remote position (USA). No matter where you work, you'll have opportunities to travel, meet, and work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.
- Become an expert on our products.
- Work directly with customers and the community to solve development & operational issues.
- Research, identify, reproduce and document bugs.
- Think outside your role. Invent new ways to improve our company and products.
To Be Successful
This is a demanding role. To be successful you should:
- Enjoys helping people.
- Handle stressful situations with grace.
- Be competent in *NIX system administration.
- Communicate complex ideas with simplicity and clarity.
- Experience with large production deployments.
- Passionate about distributed systems or functional programming.
- Involvement with other Open Source projects
- Experience with data-storage (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, “big-data”).
Basho Technologies - 13 months ago