Overview: This position centers around account management. This position requires relationships with a diverse group of internal and external personnel in order to ensure transactions are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
This role focuses on achieving revenue goals; forecasting revenue accurately on a weekly, monthly, quarterly schedule; developing a pipeline of opportunities; creating account plans; and closing deals for a set of defined customers in a segment.
Approximately 50% of this salesperson’s time is customer facing.
- Manage all aspects of the account with respect to deal transactions
- Drive the execution of customer facing activities to conclusion in a quality, timely, and correct manner
- Manage service pricing and margins according to agreed aims
- Focus on selling current and new portfolio of service offers including TS and AS
- Develop final, detailed proposal and statement of work
- Facilitate sales transactions by
- Understanding customers’ and partners’ procurement process
- Building relationships with customers and partners in positions within the procurement process
- Navigating partner and customer procurement process
- Navigating and escalating effectively within Cisco
- Drive Multiyear Services Contract Renewals/P-O-S attach
- Plan and prioritize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including costs and sales - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Create and manage a sales plan using all relevant data (renewals, new product funnel, potential upgrades and end-of-support situations) and then map this data to an agreed market development strategy based on company priorities.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer and satisfaction.
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, eg.,product/service launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and tradeshows.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
- Record, analyze, report and administer according to systems and requirements.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Attend and present at external customer meetings and internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development.
- Follow standardized and optimized sales processes, e.g., renewals process.
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
1. Developing the Pipeline: Applying knowledge of sales trends, market drivers, and key customer issues and opportunities to do strategic account planning; establishing, prioritizing, executing, and monitoring a course of action to accomplish broad territory objectives and sales strategies; using knowledge to identify and cultivate future sales opportunities to build a strong pipeline.
2. Building Influencial Relationships: Working collaboratively with customers, channel partners, and account team members to meet business goals and objectives; using appropriate communication methods to influence others and establish relationships.
3. Customer Focus: Supporting customers during the sales process; seeking and taking appropriate actions on customer requirements while balancing business needs; resolving difficult issues in a timely and professional manner; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
4. Negotiation: Effectively exploring interests and options to reach outcomes that gain the agreement and acceptance of all parties by using legitimate data, objective criteria to support ones proposal.
5. CXO Relevancy: Adding value by proactively identifying business opportunities for the customer/partner, conveying a firm understanding of the customer’s/partners business and political drivers, displaying executive presence by building rapport and credibility; effectively influencing other people to accept a solution; clearly connecting solutions to business needs.
6. Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment that appropriately consider customer and partner business capabilities and issues, available facts, constraints, competitive circumstances and probable consequences.
- 10+ years of solution selling
- BS/BA or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 5+ years of Consultative selling
- 10+ years in the technology sector, networking and computing platform domain preferred
Cisco Systems - 23 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...