The Client Support Specialist will serve as a liaison between clients (brokers, correspondents, and financial institutions); sales partners (Area Managers, Business Development Managers, and Sales Directors); and internal partners (file intake coordinators, underwriters, closers, etc.). This position is responsible for assisting clients with training in technology and processes, and questions arising during the loan acquisition process in its entirety. In addition, this position is required to properly document all inquiries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Offer the highest level of customer service to wholesale, correspondent, and financial institution clients requesting loan level assistance:
- Rely on problem solving abilities to determine the appropriate answers to questions related to individual loan applications including: loan status, closing status, receipt of documents, request for loan changes, loan processing questions.
- Appropriately escalate questions to other departments for assistance with FHA case numbers, underwriting scenarios, underwriting decision questions, changes at closing, lock extensions or pricing changes, and servicing questions.
- Leverage knowledge of loan programs and underwriting guidelines according to the secondary market sources (FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA, and private investors).
- Serve as a training resource for clients and sales partners:
- Able to troubleshoot simple technology problems related to system configuration, errors with client’s 3.2 files, uploading documents, password resets, and vendor setup questions.
- Proactively create a relationship with new clients to assist with training in technology, Stonegate’s loan acquisition process, and initial loan submission.
- Provide on-going training assistance to clients and sales partners for technology, process, and product changes.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems.
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision.
- Represent Stonegate Mortgage Corporation in a professional manner by dressing professionally daily while in the office or when attending events.
- Practice Stonegate Mortgage Corporation Core Values:
- We are accountable for results and we deliver.
- We act with integrity and show respect.
- We are passionate about our business.
- We are accessible.
- We adapt to and create change in pursuit of our success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High School diploma required; some college preferred.
- 3 + years in customer service related industry, with at least two years’ mortgage industry experience in case opening, processing, closing, or post-closing.
- Previous help desk, client support, or training experience.
- Background with imaging, loan origination systems, and automated underwriting engines.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Stonegate’s processes, procedures and work flows. Ability to enhance knowledge base in a particular area (i.e. compliance, underwriting, technology, locking and servicing) whereby specializing in support for that area.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, helpful, professional attitude in all interactions with clients, sales and operations partners, whether in person or on the phone.
- Customer service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person, through the phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Above average ability to understand technology and learn new systems quickly.
- Creative, innovative problem solver.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Average ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent data input skills; above average ability in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand and sit for periods of time and to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Good speaking and listening skills.
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity.
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail.
- Employees are expected to carry out all reasonable requests by managers/supervisors, which the employee is capable of performing.
- Maintain equipment and supplies to avoid waste, damage to areas and equipment, and to prevent accidents.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.
Stonegate Mortgage Corporation - 12 months ago