Consumer Reports is an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. Our National Testing and Research Center, in Yonkers, N.Y., is the largest nonprofit educational and consumer product testing center in the world. We are a comprehensive source for unbiased advice about products and services, personal finance, health and nutrition, and other consumer concerns. Our diverse staff of scientists, editors, and consumer advocates provide in-depth and timely information on issues that affect everyone in this country.
The Help Desk Analyst provides a helpful and friendly first point of contact for the users of the organization with issues related to Apple & Windows hardware and software. The position provides answers to questions and solve known technical problems as well as equipment delivery and repair services.
- College degree with 3+ years’ experience in an IT infrastructure and support environment preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of virus protection software
- Support experience with PC/Mac systems - troubleshooting issues with both platforms
- Working knowledge of Apple – Mac OS X Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft clients and networking protocols
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently
- Strong troubleshooting skills and hardware repair/configuration experience.
- Experience supporting a wide variety of printers and peripherals
- Answer user inquiries in person, via telephone and email
- Troubleshoot issues remotely and desk side
- Run diagnostic programs to locate malfunctions
- Install software for both Mac and PCs platforms
- Log and complete hardware and software service requests
- Handles end users calls in reference to information systems problems. Initiates the help desk process through which immediate problems are controlled, recognized, researched, isolated and resolved
- Assist in the development of policies, procedures and standards and maintain them based on the evolving of technology within the organization
- Create end user documentation to be used when new software is being introduced in the production environment
- Performs other departmental work but not that of a higher level
- 23 months ago - save job