The Client Systems Engineering Specialist is the technical lead in the Infrastructure & Operations Engineering department responsible for designing, implementing, integrating and supporting a variety of the organization’s client platforms (PC, laptop, print, mobile, etc.), operating systems and related infrastructure management components.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Technical lead for analyzing platform hardware and systems software needs. Evaluates new and existing software products and makes recommendations for new technical standards.
- Partners with business clients to gather and define hardware and software requirements and translates business requirements into technical requirements. Analyzes requirements, researches possible solutions and provides recommendations for solutions.
- Provides technical leadership for research, evaluation and proofs-of-concept of new products in the domain. Works with vendors to develop CG technology roadmaps.
- Develops and recommends technical standards for relevant hardware, systems and supporting infrastructure components.
- Drives technology roadmap development, maintenance and execution.
- Analyzes, designs, implements, maintains and documents client platforms, operating systems and related infrastructure software components.
- Provides technical leadership to IT teams for problem resolution, installation, and upgrades for relevant platform(s). Ensures all installations and upgrades are executed to CG expectations and meets standards.
- Understands the complete life cycle of a technology platform and ensures appropriate maintenance.
- Ensures standards documentation is accurate, accessible and has clear ownership.
- Performs technical project leadership. Contributes to all phases of systems analysis and implementation activities.
- Collaborates with project manager to develop project scope and objectives framework.
- Designs and develops new system and process design, ensuring adherence to architecture design principles.
- Leads solution implementation.
- Researches current and emerging technologies in order to provide technical leadership within a platform and determine their appropriateness for the CG environment.
- Ensures an ongoing currency within the relevant technologies.
- Educates other IT associates on relevant technologies. Proactively communicates technology information based upon an independent assessment of when education is needed.
- Presents recommendations for future technology changes to management for approval.
- Provides senior technical leadership and consulting internally to teammates and externally to a variety of IT teams.
- Functions as a technical resource for new or highly complex tasks, services and activities; identifying and solving critical issues; supporting policies and standards; and monitoring operational effectiveness.
- Develops plans for outward communications. Translates technical information into business terms, develops and delivers presentations to business clients, management, governance bodies and approval committees.
- Works with resource managers to identify strengths and development needs of team members. Mentors, supports and participates in efforts to increase performance and effectiveness.
- The responsibilities of this position may require on-call time or work outside normal business hours.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned. Hiring Criteria • Domain knowledge of industry tool, methods, and technology as it relates to client system design, deployment, security and support in an enterprise environment
- Client Management Platforms (e.g. Symantec/Altiris, SCCM, LANDesk, IBM Tivoli, etc.)
- Client Virtualization Technologies (e. g. VMWare View, Thinapp, XenApp, XenDesktop, Appsense, etc.)
- Endpoint security, firewall, A/V and DLP (e.g. Symantec Endpoint Protection, McAfee Endpoint Protection, MS SCEP, etc.)
- Client management and automation (e.g. MS AD/GPO, powershell scripting, etc.)
- Detailed knowledge of concepts, procedures and techniques for using and supporting personal computers, laptops, printers and mobile devices in an enterprise environment.
- Detailed knowledge of technology research techniques and resources. Experience in the collection and documentation of business requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the documentation of technical designs, processes and procedures.
- Must have team lead or senior member of systems development team for complex hardware/software systems projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good organizational and project skills
- Strong teamwork skills and a strong service orientation
- A four-year degree is preferred
- Experience in the financial industry is desired
Capital Group Companies - 13 months ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...