At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients’ businesses to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
We are looking for the Client Technical Adviser to become an integral part of our Project Services Team. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, plus excellent listening skills and the ability to convey complex technical information to all audiences. Candidate will have very strong Windows server and PC implementation and troubleshooting skills within small to medium sized (5-100 person) business environments. Network skills and ability to install switching, routing, and convey network preferred. Ability to travel periodically in support of the Project Services team will be required, including onsite assessments, onsite implementations, and troubleshooting. Candidate should have the ability to overcome impasses with customers, make financials decisions, and have sound technical judgment. This is an ideal position for a strong technical engineer who is interested in expanding his/her career and grow their management and client facing skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Handle a fast paced environment with multitasking.
- Assist customers in assessing needs and properly scoping implementation projects including server, network, application, and workstation/laptop solutions.
- Provide onsite support to implement customer’s projects including all facets of their IT Support needs.
- Network management knowledge preferred including management of network devices and solutions from Cisco, Linksys, SonicWALL, and other SOHO solutions.
- Engineering resource to build, design, and implement both at customer sites and/or remotely with support resources in the field.
- Based upon customer needs, research and suggest new customer solutions and technologies.
- Systems administration including: User Management, Backup solution implementation and maintenance, Security solutions, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Provide daily updates to company on status of ongoing issues and challenges with client’s projects and break/fix requests.
- Manage time and follow up with clients in a professional manner.
- Participate and take ownership of desktop, laptop, network, and server issues and assist in the push to resolution.
- Have a strong ability to identify opportunities for making the organizations more efficient and successful.
Must have strong understanding of and experience working with the following technologies:
- Workstation OS’s: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 Required (Mac OS a plus)
- Servers OS’s: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2
- Printers: Setup network printers and configure TCP/IP.
- Application Platforms: Exchange 2007/2010, SQLServer
- Network skills including TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, switching, and VPN solutions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, and Office 2010
- Knowledge of applications such as ACT, QuickBooks, Log-me-in Rescue, backup solutions, other accounting applications, and other email solutions.
- Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy & Strong DNS Knowledge
- Advanced support and troubleshooting of servers, workstations, printers and other network or office equipment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the IT services field preferred
- Minimum 4 years of experience supporting, building, planning, and delivering server, desktop, laptop, and other IT solutions.
- Thorough understanding of small business technology; particularly Microsoft product offerings
- We work as a team, but being a self-starter who takes initiative to understand their task and takes ownership of it is critical.
- We need someone who can hit the ground running and be able to support and manage clients from the start.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available on nights and weekends if needed
- Be able to lift and bend to move computers, servers and printers if needed
- Ability to travel as needed to client sites for implementations and assessments.
- Sense of humor and a smile! Customers need to enjoy working with you.
2 or 4 year technical degree preferred but not required.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
PlumChoice, Inc. - 2 years ago