Do ads with cliché terms such as “fast-paced” and “challenging” disappear into the sea of sameness during your career search? Do you wish an employer would simply call it like it is and describe the job as “organized chaos”?
If so, you’ve found us.
If you are not scoffing at this moment and we have actually piqued your interest, we may have a position for you. Who are we? We have been in the property management business since 1980, and we never stop trying to innovate. While our Headquarters is in Aliso Viejo, we have offices located throughout California and continue to grow at a fast pace. Within our offices, your co-workers are some of the finest, warmest, nicest people, which is just icing on the cake of your developing career.
The Client Transition Associate focuses on three main responsibilities with the following priority; (1) ensuring overall compliance with populating internal software (MeritConnect) for both new and existing clientele, 2) responding to new client inquiries during the first 30-60 days of transition, and 3)provide administrative assistance to new client transition as requested (e.g. welcome letters, vendor correspondence and utility turnover).
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following. Other requirements may be assigned.
NEW CLIENT INQUIRIES
- Retain expert knowledge of Merit’s internal software systems (e.g. MeritConnect, Jenark, MeritCentral)
- Determine, in partnership with department leader and applicable BUL’s the “standard template” for the population of information within MeritConnect.
- Ensure the population of new client data into MeritConnect and that such data is in alignment with “standard template”.
- Manage all deadlines and updates into MeritConnect.
- Determine, in partnership with department leader and CM’s, any elements that are unique to the new client that needs to be populated within MeritConnect.
- Perform ongoing tracking of compliance requirements within MeritConnect for all clients.
- Notify department leader, CM and BUL when compliance is not met (e.g. uploading documents, answering client questions, and generating report logs).
- Track trends in noncompliance and work with department leader and BUL’s on rectifying through additional training and/or process discipline.
- Gather web content for MeritConnect website including preliminary notices to takeover client members.
- Retain firsthand knowledge of active and pending new client transitions.
- Be the point of contact for the initial 30-60 days for new client inquiries that surround the transition into Merit. Communicate with department leader, BUL’s and CM’s as necessary in regard to inquiries, trends and potential issues.
- Follow up with inquiring client to ensure resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Assist the department leader with the preparation, coordination and distribution of vendor communication and monitoring/verifying vendor registrations with BCS for insurance verification.
- Assist the department leader with coordinating the receipt of new client documents; 1) placement within the office, 2) the review of material, 3) the potential discarding or digitizing of material, and the 4) re-boxing and storage of material.
- Assist the department leader with the utility change in conjunction with the AP Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Must keep commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues as they arise that might compromise a deadline or other prior commitment.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills consisting of oral, written and listening skills.
- Exhibit collaborative decision-making and problem solving skills by addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Address others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and respect the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Ability to draft correspondence and reports along with responding to inquiries and client concerns effectively and independently.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and time management abilities while working in a fast-paced, multitasking environment.
- Set and communicate deadlines and follow through on tasks for newly transitioned clients
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Applications, especially Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- HOA community management experience sought but not required
- Valid California driver’s license and State mandated vehicle insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to drive to new client locations (or that of their prior management company) as required.
MERIT Property Management, Inc - 2 years ago